Cancel Culture Alive and Well at Pinecam

13 Jan 2021 15:57 #1 by Thumper100
Got banned for posting this as a joke. In full disclosure I was warned a couple of weeks about saying something mean about trump.

Mods seem pretty evenhanded here. Please keep it up.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jan 2021 16:35 #2 by koobookie
Yes, they don't take criticism of Trump well. It is certainly one sided moderation.

13 Jan 2021 19:38 #3 by ramage
Is MyMountainTown.com, to become an image of the Media, in that comments which should be on the website mentioned are posted on MMT?
I would proffer, if you have an issue with pinecam take it up with the moderator of pinecam.

13 Jan 2021 20:25 #4 by koobookie

ramage wrote: Is MyMountainTown.com, to become an image of the Media, in that comments which should be on the website mentioned are posted on MMT?
I would proffer, if you have an issue with pinecam take it up with the moderator of pinecam.

Ah, but you see, my experience over there has been that they do not reply to queries. I've asked questions - no answer.

13 Jan 2021 21:44 #5 by ScienceChic
As I've said for quite some time, it's preferred that people try to privately resolve issues with local businesses first. If those businesses don't resolve their issues to their satisfaction, or if they've refused to even acknowledge a customer's problem, and someone feels it necessary to warn others in the community away from doing business with that organization, then they are welcome to do so here. That doesn't make us "an image of media", that is us trying to be fair to our fellow area businesses, encourage people to resolve issues first without causing public drama, and allowing people to warn others of a legitimate issue they had. Bad experiences with customer service are just as important as good ones, are they not?

As Thumper mentioned, they were warned, and are now banned, so they don't have the option of contacting the admins by logging in. They could send an email, but as I've experienced myself, the admins there rarely reply.

I don't want this topic to turn into a bash on Pinecam (we have a historic topic in our Ring for that very thing if need be), but Thumper is most certainly allowed to post what happened to them.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 Jan 2021 22:45 #6 by ramage
Nowhere in my post did I indicate that Thumper should not be allowed to post his opinion. My point, MMT should not become a site for denigrating other local websites.

If those businesses don't resolve their issues to their satisfaction, or if they've refused to even acknowledge a customer's problem, and someone feels it necessary to warn others in the community away from doing business with that organization, then they are welcome to do so here.

Your expressed opinion, I read as, bash Pinecam on MMT, it's okay, we will accept your word without corroboration.

14 Jan 2021 07:11 - 14 Jan 2021 07:26 #7 by homeagain
SORRY, ....SSDD, been that way forever....it is nothing new or novel....guess this will go to the ring.....AT
LEAST THERE IS THAT OPTION. THIS was before politics became taboo....the.m.o. remains the same,
U R TREATED LIKE A CHILD IN TIME OUT/GROUNDED.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds