Biden accomplishments

28 Apr 2024 08:18 - 28 Apr 2024 08:19 #691 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Biden accomplishments

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Apr 2024 07:59 #692 by FredHayek

Attachments:

02 May 2024 08:51 - 02 May 2024 08:52 #693 by FredHayek
Bidenflation!

It's the economy, stupid.

Attachments:

02 May 2024 09:00 #694 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Biden accomplishments
fortune.com/2024/01/20/inflation-greedfl...ex-corporate-profit/
‘Greedflation’ caused more than half of last year’s inflation surge, study finds, as corporate profits remain at all-time highs

Corporate profits drove 53% of inflation during the second and third quarters of 2023 and more than one-third since the start of the pandemic, the report found, analyzing Commerce Department data. That's a massive jump from the four decades prior to the pandemic, when profits drove just 11% of price growth.

02 May 2024 09:04 #695 by FredHayek
Why are corporations only greedy when President Biden is in office? Why weren't they greedy when President Obama or President Trump served?

Do you think it has anything to do with the massive government spending of the Covid-19 stimulus and the massive spending of Pelosi-Schumer-Trump-Biden group?

Simple as going from having $5,000 in your checking account to $10,000. Too many dollars chasing too few goods.

02 May 2024 09:26 #696 by koobookie
Answer your own questions, Fred. Do a little research outside of your right wing bubble.

02 May 2024 10:14 #697 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: Answer your own questions, Fred. Do a little research outside of your right wing bubble.

I have a degree in economics so I have done the research more than the opinion piece you post. How much economics education that reporter had? Three hours?

And I get much more of my new from the Denver Post and New York Times than you do. Read the Denver Post every day.

02 May 2024 10:22 #698 by koobookie
Tell me you didn't read the Fortune.com article without telling me you didn't read the Fortune.com article.

02 May 2024 10:59 #699 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: Tell me you didn't read the Fortune.com article without telling me you didn't read the Fortune.com article.

Your article sits behind a paywall.

02 May 2024 11:19 #700 by koobookie
You have a degree in economics, daily read the New York Times, but don't read Forbes?

Well then, tell me what is the cause of inflation. The article from Forbes states :

Corporate profits drove 53% of inflation during the second and third quarters of 2023 and more than one-third since the start of the pandemic, the report found, analyzing Commerce Department data. That's a massive jump from the four decades prior to the pandemic, when profits drove just 11% of price growth.

That really doesn't sound like an "opinion piece" to me.

Here's another article (not behind a paywall) that comes to pretty much the same conclusion.
groundworkcollaborative.org/work/inflati...-drive-rising-costs/

Overview:

Inflation has come down significantly from its peak over the past year, yet prices remain high for American consumers. As supply chain snarls have receded and the economy has stabilized, businesses continue to pad their bottom lines, rather than passing these savings on to consumers.

Then there's always the Commerce Department, which provided the data for those two articles. I'm sure you can google that to find the data.

I'm not an economist, nor do I have an economics degree, but it sure seems like corporate profits are impacting inflation more than anything else.

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds