BID EGO.....bad choices

20 Feb 2021 09:31 #1 by homeagain
www.vox.com/2021/2/19/22290512/texas-win...outage-grid-fox-news

Just FYI.....wind turbines were NOT the worst of Texas 'woes....LACK of preparation was the primary F..U. TEXAS decided NOT to go BIG....WRONG
CHOICE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Feb 2021 09:44 #2 by Pony Soldier
www.zerohedge.com/markets/cascend-data-s...one+drops+to+zero%29

We could post different opinions of others all day...

20 Feb 2021 09:57 #3 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic BID EGO.....bad choices
Let’s get the facts straight. Every type of power plant — whether powered by coal, natural gas, nuclear, solar, or wind sources — in Texas was impacted by the ice and freezing temperatures that arrived with Winter Storm Uri over the weekend. But it was natural gas — the state’s top source of electricity — that failed most significantly as wellheads and power plants froze over. Wind turbines, meanwhile, were responsible for 13 percent of the total lost electricity output, according to the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT), the state’s nonprofit grid operator.( SORRY, THEY OPTED OUT OF connectivity to other grids...going solo,wrong choice)

20 Feb 2021 10:02 #4 by homeagain
U can NOT talk to me about bitter cold,negative temps,snow....I lived in ALASKA....You must be proactive,
anticipate problems BEFORE they occur and THEN be innovative....as I stated BIG EGO,BAD CHOICES
(because they're decisions in 2011 showed LACK of forward thinking).....SORRY U R WRONG.

20 Feb 2021 10:10 #5 by Pony Soldier
Got it. So losing 13% of the overall supply due to wind power failure during a peak energy usage event had no effect. I just googled "wind power failure caused texas blackouts and the first several hits all had almost the same headline - something along the lines of "No, the blackouts weren't caused by renewables..." . I see the Ministry of Truth is working overtime today to keep that Green New Deal BS going. People won't wake up and understand their mistake until they are freezing in the cold with no power.

20 Feb 2021 10:22 #6 by homeagain
ttps://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/texas-power-grid-disaster-shows-lone-star-state-s-bravado-ncna1258301 AGAIN, wrong choice....

20 Feb 2021 10:25 #7 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic BID EGO.....bad choices
It was a once in one hundred year storm. Would you be happy paying 30% more for your utilities every month just to protest yourself from a potential storm like that? There is a reason why New Orleans doesn't have a fleet of snowplows because it just doesn't make economic sense. I have a buddy who lives in the the Texas panhandle, a place used to cold Winters and he was fine during this storm. This was just a black swan type event.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Feb 2021 10:37 #8 by homeagain
"black swan events" are becoming more numerous and widespread....climate change. EVERYTIME there
is a disaster it is called a once in 100 years or black swan event....except NOW they are becoming common.
The climate is changing...there is a REASON for that, but U would have to examine magnetic pole shifts.

I would have to look up the exact percentage, BUT the BANDHI ACHE earthquake KNOCKED the axis
off by 2 degrees or so....just for a moment entertain the idea that the magnetic poles are shifting, BUT NOT SUDDENLY...but rather gradual. Thus the tilt of the axis has provided an alteration in weather patterns.

20 Feb 2021 15:53 #9 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic BID EGO.....bad choices
I know the conventional wisdom is that these climate change events are more numerous and more deadly but the death numbers don't add up. Despite increasing populations, deaths from weather are on the decline. Probably due to technology and increased wealth around the world, it is easier to bounce back and move in aid quickly to weather ravaged areas.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Feb 2021 10:36 #10 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic BID EGO.....bad choices

homeagain wrote: "black swan events" are becoming more numerous and widespread....climate change. EVERYTIME there
is a disaster it is called a once in 100 years or black swan event....except NOW they are becoming common.
The climate is changing...there is a REASON for that, but U would have to examine magnetic pole shifts.

I would have to look up the exact percentage, BUT the BANDHI ACHE earthquake KNOCKED the axis
off by 2 degrees or so....just for a moment entertain the idea that the magnetic poles are shifting, BUT NOT SUDDENLY...but rather gradual. Thus the tilt of the axis has provided an alteration in weather patterns.

First of all, are you admitting that freak weather events could be caused by something else other than carbon emissions?

My second question is, what do you think would have happened in Texas if Democrat utopians had their way and Texas was 100% 'clean' energy? Besides the obvious flaws in wind and solar when the blades don't turn and the sun doesn't shine, there's also the problem of energy storage which hasn't been talked about at all, but is 100% necessary for 'green' energy to be a viable replacement for more reliable energy.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds