First Amendment Under Attack

25 Feb 2021 09:43 #11 by Pony Soldier
"What's New" is that the first amendment is under attack. Care to comment on that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Feb 2021 11:35 #12 by homeagain
ACTUALLY this is what's new.......and disconcerting.....(poss adjustments to doses of vaccine) AGAIN
CYBER IS THE PRIORITY

www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2021...-19/?sh=59c39fad2a39

25 Feb 2021 11:49 #13 by Pony Soldier
And.. once again a swing and a miss. Your post still has NOTING to do with the First Amendment being under attack. Please at least try...

25 Feb 2021 12:25 #14 by homeagain
I think it comes down to this....the list of PRIORITIES for this nation to endure a ''collapse" (preventing it
would be even better) is LONG and securing the top tier of our infrastructure appears to be a mandatory
maneuver. FIRST Amendments are ALWAYS a priority, just not the "TOP".....I am not evading
the question,I am being realistic in what is required to SECURE our country. There is a virus and I don't mean Covid....THAT factor will impact our way of life SEVERELY. what what happens.

25 Feb 2021 12:34 #15 by Pony Soldier
Thank you, but this thread is about the theft of our first amendment rights. If you want to start a thread about the collapse of the country, please feel free. I am trying to start meaningful dialogue here and you keep trying to sidetrack it with complete off topic posts.

25 Feb 2021 16:44 #16 by Pony Soldier
Ok, so nobody can give me any argument for the attempt by congressional democrats to remove media they don't agree with? Well, I guess none of you agree with them. Good.

How about this then:

theintercept.com/2021/02/22/capitol-riot-fbi-cellphone-records/

The FBI is granting itself "emergency powers" to spy on congress members. That is illegal. Period. Nobody will say a word - guaranteed. This Capitol incursion is being used more that 9/11 was used to erode separation of powers and all of our rights. It sure has the feel of a staged event even though it likely was organic. I have to wonder if there were simply some agitators set up to move the crowd forward. From the videos I've seen, the capitol police in most did not even ask the "rioters" to leave. The sat talking with them and posing for selfies. This has to have been the lamest "insurrection" in the history of the world.

25 Feb 2021 18:23 #17 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic First Amendment Under Attack

homeagain wrote: .I am not evading
the question,I am being realistic in what is required to SECURE our country. There is a virus and I don't mean Covid....THAT factor will impact our way of life SEVERELY. what what happens.

Sorry HA, but you are evading the question. Unless you're saying that censoring speech you don't agree with is what is required to SECURE the country, I'm missing your perspective on the Democrat attack on the First Amendment. If you could be more clear it would be helpful for us to understand your opinion on this very important topic. Also, what is the virus you're referring to? That may also help us understand.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds