Second Amendment under Attack!

25 Feb 2021 08:14 #1 by Pony Soldier
www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/117/hr127/text

There's too much here to pick and choose. This bill has Biden's support and it calls for the licensing of every gun by every owner in the US, a public database of all these guns along with where they are stored in your house, mental health checks for everyone prior to purchasing a firearm. This will likely be the end of legal gun ownership if it somehow passes. While I know this will likely be ignored by most here, I'd like to hear an honest defense of this garbage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Feb 2021 08:18 #2 by homeagain
NOT going to happen...it will not pass,without some serious revisions.

25 Feb 2021 08:48 #3 by Pony Soldier
It may or may not happen, but this has the support of our Resident - Biden. (The P is silent just like the Psaki)

25 Feb 2021 08:50 #4 by FredHayek
This is a Wish List, probably meant to be negotiated down, or it might be simply a show-me bill so that the anti-gun leftists know that Biden is working for them.
I think it won't pass, there aren't even many leftists who have signed up to co-sponsor the bill, but if it fails than I think you will see President Biden write new anti-gun executive orders. He could stop the import of ammunition, guns, and gun kits from overseas. This has been done before. Chinese ammunition have been banned for decades thanks to President Clinton. And many Chinese guns too.

Side note. CPAC is being planned right now. The NRA is usually a big sponsor but they can't afford it this year because of lawsuits and fewer donations. I think it really hurt President Trump's reelection because of the internal and external scandals occurring with this group.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Feb 2021 18:53 #5 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Second Amendment under Attack!

FredHayek wrote:
Side note. CPAC is being planned right now. The NRA is usually a big sponsor but they can't afford it this year because of lawsuits and fewer donations. I think it really hurt President Trump's reelection because of the internal and external scandals occurring with this group.

You really think a significant number of people didn't vote for Trump because of something the NRA did or didn't do? The choices couldn't have been any more different... you either thought Trump's policies would be better for America or you thought Biden's would be. Some irrational people voted for Biden just because they didn't like Trump, forgetting how proposed Democrat policies would actually hurt their own interests, along with the rest of the country that still enjoys the freedoms provided by the First and Second Amendments.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

25 Feb 2021 19:04 #6 by FredHayek
I think Trump wouldn't have won in 2016 without the NRA. Only 38,000 votes spread out in the correct states would have overturned Biden's victory. The NRA was very low key this year, some voters need to be pushed to actually vote, they didn't do a good job last year.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Feb 2021 08:44 #7 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

You really think a significant number of people didn't vote for Trump because of something the NRA did or didn't do? The choices couldn't have been any more different... you either thought Trump's policies would be better for America or you thought Biden's would be. Some irrational people voted for Biden just because they didn't like Trump, forgetting how proposed Democrat policies would actually hurt their own interests, along with the rest of the country that still enjoys the freedoms provided by the First and Second Amendments.

THE NATION WAS SEVERELY WOUNDED ALREADY......TRIAGE was needed immediately, patient
STILL in ICU.....what is omitted here is we are a GLOBAL ECONOMY.....u can NOT separate the United States from the rest of the entire world. SO, a new physician was brought into the operating room. and
with NEW EYES to assist in the patients' survival......

26 Feb 2021 18:19 #8 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Second Amendment under Attack!

homeagain wrote:
THE NATION WAS SEVERELY WOUNDED ALREADY......TRIAGE was needed immediately, patient
STILL in ICU.....what is omitted here is we are a GLOBAL ECONOMY.....u can NOT separate the United States from the rest of the entire world. SO, a new physician was brought into the operating room. and
with NEW EYES to assist in the patients' survival......

Yes, I agree the country is already damaged, mostly because of China and really bad decisions by states that shut everything down including schools.

If we are going to roll with your patient analogy, maybe you'd like to comment about the current doctors who are in charge of curing the patient.. the doctors you voted for. I'd like to know what procedures and drugs your chosen doctors are giving the patient that are likely to help the patient recover?

You can keep saying we are screwed, but at some point it would be nice to hear your opinion of the CURRENT administration you voted for.... what do you think about their 'plan'.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

27 Feb 2021 07:26 #9 by homeagain
The very FIRST STEP is to stabilize the patient...the patient is flat lined several time...STABILIZING
is now occurring (THAT is a tenuous process)....the 1..9 trillion dollar stimulus bill is an ATTEMPT to
get the patient from flat lining. (the populous is being thrown out of their homes,as we speak...even tho a
moratorium still in place.) R we in HUGE DEBT ALREADY? Yes,but if this is not done, the patient WILL
die.(FROM BLEEDOUT)

We are back into the Climate Accord...(a good thing IF earth wants to continue to support life)

The patient is NOW receiving the drug that pharmco had back ordered,previously other drugs were substituted, but they were not getting the job done for the body's repair( long term.)

These FEW actions are a wait and see stop gap....is there a will to live? Will they be successful?
Was the treatment delivered in a timely fashion or was there too much of a delay? When U R in the
ICU....NOTHING is for sure...so U try and try again till there is an outcome...guarded success OR
a note...time of death called.

27 Feb 2021 08:15 #10 by Pony Soldier
You say it’s a good thing that we’re back in the Paris Accords. Can you name something good about that? List something in the actual accords that will help the earth?

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds