Second Amendment under Attack!

27 Feb 2021 09:12 #11 by homeagain
WHEN there is a basic agreement that LIFE ON EARTH IS NOT A GIVEN...and countries ATTEMPT to set goals and boundaries and agree in principle to abide by them,that fossil fuels are archaic in their purpose,
and that alternatives are MANDATORY.... U have the frame work of NOT going extinct....I could post
a wiki link about the accord,but it is my belief IF U WANT A LIVABLE ENVIRONMENT in the near future,U
will educate yourself and NOT be resistant to the goal. TRUMP'S withdrawal was indicative of just how
DISCONNECTED he was from reality and $$$$ was the impetus (oil industry) for his actions (again,
egocentric and lack of forwardthinking,because,after all, HIS FAMILY was being enriched and NOT affected..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Feb 2021 10:58 #12 by Pony Soldier
Look, I was looking for a consolation prize from my question. We’re back in the accords whether I want it or not. Thanks for the reference to wiki.... that was the absolute least you could do.

28 Feb 2021 07:48 #13 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: WHEN there is a basic agreement that LIFE ON EARTH IS NOT A GIVEN...and countries ATTEMPT to set goals and boundaries and agree in principle to abide by them,that fossil fuels are archaic in their purpose,
and that alternatives are MANDATORY.... U have the frame work of NOT going extinct....I could post
a wiki link about the accord,but it is my belief IF U WANT A LIVABLE ENVIRONMENT in the near future,U
will educate yourself and NOT be resistant to the goal. TRUMP'S withdrawal was indicative of just how
DISCONNECTED he was from reality and $$$$ was the impetus (oil industry) for his actions (again,
egocentric and lack of forwardthinking,because,after all, HIS FAMILY was being enriched and NOT affected..

LOL. Senator Kerry is once again playing his drums of doom. Now we only have nine years to avert total climate disaster. Meanwhile Europe hasn't met their goals. France is even being sued because of their failure. China and India? They are still allowed to build new coal power plants under the Paris Accords and are building them. Why do people put so much faith in this deal if nations around the world are not reducing their emissions.

And the new nine year line in the sand? Deja Vu all over again. We heard this in the 1990's, the 2000's, etc. It is like some greenie apocalyptic religion. The Gores and Kerry's keep lying to people and the press and leftists keep buying their ghost stories, even when the world is going great.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 Feb 2021 21:20 #14 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote: WHEN there is a basic agreement that LIFE ON EARTH IS NOT A GIVEN...and countries ATTEMPT to set goals and boundaries and agree in principle to abide by them,that fossil fuels are archaic in their purpose,

You said: "fossil fuels are archaic in their purpose,".

Please, pray tell, what does that mean?

01 Mar 2021 06:35 #15 by homeagain
I thought it was very clear......horse and carriage, coal, lanterns were REPLACED by innovative ideas,
relying on fossil fuels is in the same category. U can not move forward in this industry IF U do not
invest the time and money...we are still in the bi plane (wright bros,)mindset..when Lear Jets and Virgin
Air are the norm. The year is 2021, not 1921. 100 years have past.....fossil fuels have had their day,
PROGRESS is woefully lacking (purposely).

01 Mar 2021 07:41 #16 by FredHayek
Fossil fuels are obsolete? OK. I am waiting for the first Tesla airliner then. Imagine how quiet it will be!

:sledding:

01 Mar 2021 08:01 #17 by Pony Soldier
Those things were replaced because innovation and free market replaced them, not because there was government interference into the free market. We were the only country last year and in 2019 that met the carbon emission goals laid out in the Paris accords even though we weren’t in them. Now why should we pay China to create more CO??? There is no argument you can make on that that makes any sense whatsoever. We are moving backwards by re-entering the accords.

01 Mar 2021 08:38 #18 by homeagain

Pony Soldier wrote: Those things were replaced because innovation and free market replaced them, not because there was government interference into the free market. We were the only country last year and in 2019 that met the carbon emission goals laid out in the Paris accords even though we weren’t in them. Now why should we pay China to create more CO??? There is no argument you can make on that that makes any sense whatsoever. We are moving backwards by re-entering the accords.

www.newscientist.com/article/2269432-we-.../?utm_source=nsday&u

THE LATEST......x out of pop up

01 Mar 2021 18:37 #19 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Second Amendment under Attack!

Pony Soldier wrote: Those things were replaced because innovation and free market replaced them, not because there was government interference into the free market. We were the only country last year and in 2019 that met the carbon emission goals laid out in the Paris accords even though we weren’t in them. Now why should we pay China to create more CO??? There is no argument you can make on that that makes any sense whatsoever. We are moving backwards by re-entering the accords.

You're right, and China is loving it. China knows the Paris accord will be very expensive for us at a time when we need cheap energy to get back on track. It seems like everything Biden's masters want to do will weaken us and strengthen China.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Mar 2021 19:21 #20 by FredHayek
Back on topic, except new anti-gun measures to be slipped into the Covid-19 relief package. Then Democrats can say you want Americans to starve without their $1400 checks unless you vote for new gun laws.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds