The 'Me Too' Movement was a Joke

28 Feb 2021 10:38 #1 by Rick
If you disagree with the subject title, please explain why the alleged 'movement' never moved in on Biden and isn't moving in on Cuomo. The media is finally being forced to cover Cuomo, but where are all the me too protestors and celebrities who instantly wanted to hang Kavanaugh based on the flimsiest evidence and an accuser who can't even prove she knew him or was ever in the same building at the same time?

Looks like Me Too just hurt women who really have been physically and mentally assaulted... just another political theater. I'm sure it will return when another conservative guy is the target.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Feb 2021 14:42 #2 by homeagain
I have to AGREE,where is the movement? MY take is this, Cuomo is in his 60's? The babyboomer gen.
of males R operating as they always do...and their fathers before them. The problem has been "forever".

The culture is INSTILLED in the older male...working in corp America in the 80 and 90's...as far back as I can remember,U dealt with the M.O. NOTHING NEW, doesn't matter which field or business...its always there.

The younger gen.decided to "out" the problem,it was a mind meld of "action".....for awhile, women felt they
could empower change (permanently). ONLY to find the deck is usually stacked against them,they became
disillusioned that the M.O. is constant and unchanging. SOMETIMES there is victory,but the expectations of
a paradigm shift was great......and so disillusionment sets in..

01 Mar 2021 07:47 #3 by FredHayek
It is the same as the Peace Movement. You will still see protesters out there, but only a half dozen compared to the hundreds when a Republican is in office. Same with the homeless. The press loves to run those stories when we have a GOP administration but ignore the problem when Presidents Biden and Obama are in office.

Cuomo? I think his bullying ways have finally caught up with him. The press, especially the New York Times is going after him hard. They want to pretend they still are non-partisan, but the timing is interesting. The deaths on Cuomo's watch happened months ago but the paper didn't want to hurt the Democrat Party before the election so they sat on them. Other more objective news sites have been after Mario's son for months now.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds