Texas Governor Lifts Mask Mandate

02 Mar 2021 16:07 #1 by FredHayek
Governor Abbott lifted the mask mandate, would you still wear one if Governor Polis does the same? I am in New Orleans right now, and most people are still wearing them.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Mar 2021 20:01 #2 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: Governor Abbott lifted the mask mandate, would you still wear one if Governor Polis does the same? I am in New Orleans right now, and most people are still wearing them.

Good for Texas and Florida! For the rest of the states, at the very least every damn school in the country needs to be open NOW! These idiots are not "following the science", they are killing children's futures and in many cases their lives. One day we will look back at this whole mess and say WTF were we thinking.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Mar 2021 07:08 #3 by homeagain
IMAGE this......lean back into an easy chair and WATCH the numbers, will they shoot up or spiral down?
That will be the litmus test for TEXAS, they failed miserably at power outages (the company claimed bankruptcy).....I am eager to see the country open,WHEN the vast majority has been vacced. OTHERWISE
herd immunity is going to be an interesting answer.

03 Mar 2021 07:39 #4 by FredHayek
Mississippi has joined Texas in repealing the mask mandate. I will probably still wear one indoors just to be polite. Interesting timing, yesterday was the anniversary of Texas declaring independence from Mexico.

03 Mar 2021 16:23 #5 by ramage
Do you think that the Harris/Biden admin. issued masks to the illegals before putting them on the bus?

nypost.com/2021/03/03/migrants-in-texas-...tm_medium=SocialFlow

​More than 100 illegal immigrants who tested positive for the coronavirus — after their arrival in Texas ​​since late January — have been released by the Border Patrol into the Lone Star State ​and are free to travel to other parts of the US, according to reports.

Felipe Romero, a spokesman for the border city of Brownsville, told Fox News that they are telling the migrants who tested positive to follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines to quarantine and maintain social distance, but that Brownsville doesn’t have the authority to stop them from traveling to the rest of the country.

He said the 108 positives account for 6.3 percent of the total migrants who received rapid tests at the city’s main bus terminal, a program that began on Jan. 25.

03 Mar 2021 18:24 #6 by hillfarmer
Great source for this another right-wing conspiracy theory.

03 Mar 2021 18:24 #7 by Rick

homeagain wrote: IMAGE this......lean back into an easy chair and WATCH the numbers, will they shoot up or spiral down?
That will be the litmus test for TEXAS, they failed miserably at power outages (the company claimed bankruptcy).....I am eager to see the country open,WHEN the vast majority has been vacced. OTHERWISE

I'm anxious to see the entire country open up before we have a lost generation of children who will be forever damaged by the insanity. Anyone who is at high risk and doesn't get vaccinated has the option of staying locked away for as long as they wish. Continuing to destroy the economy will be much more deadly over time than the virus. As you often say, not just my opinion.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Mar 2021 18:26 #8 by Rick

hillfarmer wrote: Great source for this another right-wing conspiracy theory.

Just curious, what sources do you think we should all trust? I'd love to challenge your sources with past stories told and untold. Wanna play?

George Orwell

04 Mar 2021 06:46 #9 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: IMAGE this......lean back into an easy chair and WATCH the numbers, will they shoot up or spiral down?

I'm anxious to see the entire country open up before we have a lost generation of children who will be forever damaged by the insanity. Anyone who is at high risk and doesn't get vaccinated has the option of staying locked away for as long as they wish. Continuing to destroy the economy will be much more deadly over time than the virus. As you often say, not just my opinion.

I will refer U to the thread 2022 or 2023, NOPE NOT DONE....I just think it is natural selection in action.
IT will be awhile before there is a NORMAL.

04 Mar 2021 07:32 #10 by FredHayek
LOL, this is such a wimpy plague compared to cholera or the Black Plague and this wimpy generation let it shut down the world.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Blazer Bob

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds