MY SON HUNTER, GOTTA LOVE HIM

12 Aug 2021 10:24 #31 by Wayne Harrison
I'm pretty certain Joe didn't "mistakenly" pick Kamala Harris for his VP. I think it was quite an involved process to determine who his successor would be. Now, I won't argue that you think it was a mistake. But that doesn't make it true.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Aug 2021 10:34 #32 by Freezeman
So it can't be true that Joe's involved processes makes mistakes?

12 Aug 2021 10:45 #33 by Wayne Harrison
Do you think it was a mistake? Who do you think he should have picked?

Another question, if I might? Who do you think should be the next Republican Prez and VP candidates?

Here's more on the process President Biden went through in selecting Senator Kamala Harris as his VP:

Though Ms. Harris was seen from the start as a front-runner, Mr. Biden did not begin the process with a favorite in mind, and he settled on Ms. Harris only after an exhaustive review that forged new political alliances, deepened existing rivalries and further elevated a cohort of women as leaders in their party.

Ms. Harris was one of four finalists for the job, along with Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan and Susan E. Rice, the former national security adviser. But in the eyes of Mr. Biden and his advisers, Ms. Harris alone covered every one of their essential political needs.

Ms. Rice had sterling foreign-policy credentials and a history of working with Mr. Biden, but was inexperienced as a candidate. Ms. Warren had an enthusiastic following and became a trusted adviser to Mr. Biden on economic matters, but she represented neither generational nor racial diversity. Ms. Whitmer, a moderate, appealed to Mr. Biden’s political and ideological instincts, but selecting her also would have yielded an all-white ticket.

Other candidates rose and faded in the process: Senator Tammy Duckworth of Illinois powerfully impressed Mr. Biden’s search team, but his lawyers feared she would face challenges to her eligibility because of the circumstances of her birth overseas. Representative Karen Bass of California emerged as a favorite among elected officials and progressives — Speaker Nancy Pelosi spoke glowingly of her to Mr. Biden — but the relationship-focused Mr. Biden barely knew her.

In the end, Mr. Biden embraced Ms. Harris as a partner for reasons that were both pragmatic and personal — a sign of how the former vice president, who is oriented toward seeking consensus and building broad coalitions, might be expected to govern.

www.nytimes.com/2020/08/13/us/politics/biden-harris.html

12 Aug 2021 12:27 #34 by FredHayek
Kamala Harris was so well regarded in the polls and nation that she dropped out early after polling in 4th place in her own state, California. Not a healthy endorsement from the people that know her best.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Aug 2021 12:37 #35 by koobookie
and yet there she sits, President of the Senate. Quite an endorsement from the current President and the American voters.

12 Aug 2021 12:42 #36 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: and yet there she sits, President of the Senate. Quite an endorsement from the current President and the American voters.

LOL, have you ever voted for someone because they chose the right vice president? Or did you vote for the Biden-Harris ticket because they had a (D) next to their name? Who did you support in the Democrat primary?

12 Aug 2021 12:44 #37 by koobookie
Garsh, Fred, just because I didn't vote for Kamala in the primary doesn't mean she is a mistake.

12 Aug 2021 14:08 #38 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: Garsh, Fred, just because I didn't vote for Kamala in the primary doesn't mean she is a mistake.

I agree. She proved she was a bad choice in her first 100 days. (IMO) But it does says you thought there were better choices in the field.

12 Aug 2021 14:20 #39 by koobookie
Trump lost the election therefore he was a mistake. I see how that works! Awesome!

12 Aug 2021 14:24 #40 by koobookie
ooh ooh! Wait! Trump lost the popular vote twice! That means that not only was he a mistake, it proved he was a bad choice and millions upon millions of Americans thought there was a better choice! I like how this logic works! Thanks, Fred!

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds