Good Ideas, or insanity?

13 Apr 2021 07:26 #1 by Rick
Here's a couple proposals to help fix Biden's border blunder. Can any of you see any sort of logic in either of these?

1. Giving federal employees 4 months paid leave if they volunteer to take care of migrant children at the border.

2. Giving cash to the northern triangle countries (Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador) to help slow down the surge of illegal immigrants.

I won't provide a link because this is information you should already know if you're well informed.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Apr 2021 08:42 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Good Ideas, or insanity?
YES, I am aware of the news items...I''ll turn back to U Jack....WHAT WOULD U PROPOSE that
would be efficient, not cost bundles of bucks?

13 Apr 2021 08:53 - 13 Apr 2021 08:54 #3 by Pony Soldier
Could I interject here (since you called me Jack yesterday)? Go back to the Trump policies that were working....

13 Apr 2021 09:07 #4 by homeagain
OH BUT, they were not working,they were a catastrophic human rights nightmare....because the process
for citizenship,legal assistance,AND providing adequate shelter,care were screwed royally. THE WALL was
being breached continually..thru tunnels.overhead or cutting away bars....IT WAS NOT A SUCCESSFUL
SYSTEM.

13 Apr 2021 09:19 #5 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Good Ideas, or insanity?
I think this would cut down on illegal immigration, end birthright citizenship. The US is one of the few nations that gives citizenship only based on where you were born.

And I see some merit in giving federal employees four months off, they do less damage that way. But why not just let them go. Right now per the WSJ, the US hasn't seen this much debt as a part of the US economy since the end of WWII. Need to cut waste. And freeze budgets.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Apr 2021 09:32 #6 by homeagain

Pony Soldier wrote: Could I interject here (since you called me Jack yesterday)? Go back to the Trump policies that were working....

I must apologize...in corp. a few phases were slung around (working with teks)....Back up the truck Jack,
FUBARED, FM (came clear like fucking magic) were a few....I still use them.

13 Apr 2021 09:53 #7 by Pony Soldier
While I realize that you will simply dismiss this because it is National Review, it is a good synopsis of what was right about Trump's policies and why Biden erred so badly by dismantling them.

www.nationalreview.com/2021/03/how-trump...ntrol-of-the-border/

13 Apr 2021 12:59 #8 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Good Ideas, or insanity?
Don't worry Harris-Biden is rapidly re-employing the Trump administration programs, but one better. They have put more children in cages and have gotten the Mexico and the countries at its southern border to "surge" the number of troops at their respective borders. They did the Trump admin. one better by giving these countries more money for the same work.

13 Apr 2021 18:34 #9 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Good Ideas, or insanity?

homeagain wrote: YES, I am aware of the news items...I''ll turn back to U Jack....WHAT WOULD U PROPOSE that
would be efficient, not cost bundles of bucks?

FINISH THE WALL and continue the agreement we had with Mexico that was working. The wall isn't a 100% solution but it does give the border patron a huge advantage that they do not have now. You have to take away the incentives that Biden gave all the people in the world to come here. He invited them on the debate stage, he promised to pay for their health care and to not deport them. If that's not an incentive for people to make that long journey and for human smugglers to cash in, I don't know what is.

I realize I probably won't get a direct and coherent answer from you, but I would ask you the same question. If you tell me there is no good answer, that is the same as no answer. There is always a solution but the solution will never be a utopian one that makes everybody happy since utopia can never exist in a world of flawed humans.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

14 Apr 2021 07:31 #10 by homeagain
www.usatoday.com/border-wall/

CONSIDER THE WHOLE PICTURE I have posted a drone "drive covering the entire portion of land the
wall will "protect"...IT IS MASSIVE...I will find the previous video for your consider

I found the thread...the drone film is no longer available....there is ALOT of rough,mountain terrain thru out
the TWO THOUSAND MILE project.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds