Good Ideas, or insanity?

14 Apr 2021 07:50 #11 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Good Ideas, or insanity?
www.fairus.org/about-fair

GET INVOLVED,be informed, THIS is where U can do that

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Apr 2021 07:51 #12 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Good Ideas, or insanity?

homeagain wrote: www.usatoday.com/border-wall/

CONSIDER THE WHOLE PICTURE I have posted a drone "drive covering the entire portion of land the
wall will "protect"...IT IS MASSIVE...I will find the previous video for your consider

I found the thread...the drone film is no longer available....there is ALOT of rough,mountain terrain thru out
the TWO THOUSAND MILE project.

So you're saying that if we removed the entire wall, the border patrol's job wouldn't be any more difficult?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

14 Apr 2021 07:59 #13 by homeagain
Is THAT what U took from the post? NO, I did not say remove the wall. I said CONSIDER THE ENTIRE PICTURE...(the cost will be BEYOND what is prudent,given our current budget deficient)...there r
other "costs" that need reviewing.

14 Apr 2021 09:15 #14 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Good Ideas, or insanity?
Disagree. 300,000 is a way too small immigration total. If you look at their impact on the American economy, legal immigrants have been a great source of new jobs and new small businesses.

Immigrants are highly motivated people, whether they walk all the way from Costa Rica, or come in legally from China and Europe. They want the American Dream and start up small businesses often. Many come from repressive states and seek out the capitalism that we are known for. I would bump it up from one million to three million.

Many nations around the world are actually trending down in population. If they are having children, they are only having one or two. And for many, the median population is no longer of child bearing years. Hard to have a robust economy when most people are retired or semi-retired. Plus who is going to take care of all those seniors when they have no children.

So I think America need to encourage quality immigrants to come here from a wide range of nations around the world.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Apr 2021 19:25 #15 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Good Ideas, or insanity?

homeagain wrote: Is THAT what U took from the post? NO, I did not say remove the wall. I said CONSIDER THE ENTIRE PICTURE...(the cost will be BEYOND what is prudent,given our current budget deficient)...there r
other "costs" that need reviewing.

Biden's about to spend another 2.2 TRILLION on what he calls "infrastructure". 5 billion is loose change compared to that. You either think the wall is a benefit or you don't... WHICH IS IT?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Apr 2021 07:26 #16 by homeagain
I have ALREADY posted this.....the MOST beneficial thing we can do is FIX the entire immigration process..
so that the backlog can be cleared (as best as can be expected) and the DESPERATE masses r allowed
thru the system in a cohesive and humane way. U can NOT start from the back and work forward, U have to start at the beginning where THE LOGJAM exists.

15 Apr 2021 07:58 #17 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Good Ideas, or insanity?
BINGO!

" I think America need to encourage quality immigrants to come here from a wide range of nations around the world." FH

Emphasis on quality

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds