CNN, the Least Trusted Name in News

13 Apr 2021 19:16 #1 by Rick
CNN Director: We Worked To Oust Trump, We Create ‘Propaganda,’ Use ‘Fear’ To Pass Climate Agenda

www.dailywire.com/news/cnn-director-we-w...-pass-climate-agenda

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Apr 2021 09:24 #2 by FredHayek
Did CNN matter? I saw a list of ratings for the Top 30 News shows. No CNN program was in the Top 20. Wow. I can remember when they were cable news.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Apr 2021 09:37 #3 by Wayne Harrison

There was plenty of news for the cable networks to cover in the first quarter of 2021, which gave MSNBC some news of its own: The channel is poised to win the quarter in total all-day viewers for the first time ever while Fox News remains poised to win in primetime viewership.

Fox News remains the current leader in primetime viewership for the quarter, averaging 2.489 million viewers so far, though both MSNBC (2.289 million) and CNN (2.001 million) have narrowed the gap considerably.

www.thewrap.com/cable-news-ratings-msnbc...wers-for-first-time/

14 Apr 2021 09:47 #4 by FredHayek
Traditionally after a major election, news ratings decline. People get tired of the politics. Also donations start to fall as people get back to their regular lives.
But this quarter appears to be different. Political fundraising is doing very well. And ratings remain high.

Fox? It appears that a couple of companies to their business model and are stealing their customers. Fox News started as an alternative to the dominant liberal media. But now OANN and Newsmax are stealing viewers from Fox. And Fox itself is offering a more right wing channel you have to subscribe to.

Why is this happening? I think you have to blame it on President Trump. In the old days, when someone lost, they disappeared. Donald refuses to do this. Just last week he hosted an event where he was still claiming the election was stolen and he attacked his former allies for not overturning his defeat.

14 Apr 2021 12:56 #5 by Pony Soldier
video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1382349588...sHoJrEdrh.mp4?tag=14

BTW, FOX News lost viewership over calling states before voting was even done. They pissed off a lot of Trump voters. Chris Wallace outed himself as a hack. Those two things were like a stick of dynamite to most Trump voters. I haven't watched for quite a while because they are nothing more than a propaganda channel just like the other networks.

14 Apr 2021 13:31 #6 by ramage
Fred,
It depends on what you mean by the old days. Clinton and Obama certainly did not hesitate to interject themselves into the politics of the day. G. Bush kept his mouth shut during the Obama administration but did not hesitate to openly criticize Trump.
Going back further, Teddy R. actually ran as a 3rd party candidate against Taft. Grover Cleveland ran and won a new term after losing in his bid for reelection.
Politics is contentious and always has been.
By the way, It is interesting that you mention the "stolen election" Nevada has admitted that 40,000 voted twice in an election that Biden won by 34,000 votes.

14 Apr 2021 13:34 #7 by FredHayek
You make some good points. For sure, Hillary Clinton did not accept losing gracefully. Maybe only RINO's like McCain and Romney accepted their losses gracefully, probably because they already had jobs to go back to.

14 Apr 2021 13:51 #8 by ramage
Put Romney in the same bin with Hilary. McCain tired his best to be vindictive, i.e. the Obamacare vote, eventually disease caught up with him.
Now we can discuss Al Gore and Vietnam veteran John Kerry.
In my opinion Bob Dole fits your criteria. He resigned his Senate seat to run for the Presidency. Stayed active but not overtly critical of his opponent. Interestingly he endorsed Trump in 2016.
I believe he is still alive at age 97, despite being seriously wounded in WWII.

14 Apr 2021 19:06 #9 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: Did CNN matter? I saw a list of ratings for the Top 30 News shows. No CNN program was in the Top 20. Wow. I can remember when they were cable news.

Who cares what their ratings are? The fact is, there are still millions of people who believe their bullshit and very few people ever call them out on it. I love it when they get caught, unfortunately the sheep that need to wake up will call the source bullshit, even when they see the video with their own eyes.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Apr 2021 11:13 #10 by Wayne Harrison

FredHayek wrote: Did CNN matter? I saw a list of ratings for the Top 30 News shows. No CNN program was in the Top 20. Wow. I can remember when they were cable news.

Tuesday, April 13 Scoreboard: Fox News Tops in Total Viewers, CNN Wins Total Day in Demo

www.adweek.com/tvnewser/tuesday-april-13...-day-in-demo/476451/

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds