Better Hope You Don’t Need a New Cat

15 Apr 2021 16:28 #1 by Rick
Catalytic converter that is...

Our wise and all knowing governor forced CA emissions standards on us as of Jan 1 if you didn’t already know. I run a large repair facility and am seeing the results of this unnecessary move and it’s getting worse by the day.

I used to buy new aftermarket converters from a place in Canada that are certified the Fed EPA standards. These perform just as well as the factory cats and the proof is in the emission reports we get on each car that passes the test. The NOX readings are as low as new cars and I’ve never had one come back in the last 3 years that I’ve been here.

So what’s the problem you ask? Well, I generally paid between $175 and $250. Now I have to buy from the dealer and paying between $1500 and $3200 (that was a single cat for a 2008 Honda Element). The other problem is now supply. I have two cars waiting for cars that are on a back order and I have no idea when they will arrive. Cats are being stolen like crazy as well since used ones are being sold for the precious metals inside as well as to shady shops that sell used ones.

Bottom line is that this POS governor is following the lead of the most poorly governed state in the union at the expense of people who can’t afford to buy a new car or an EV that these leftist authoritarians want to force on us.

I can’t get out ofthis state fast enough.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Apr 2021 16:59 #2 by ramage
I empathize with you. Have a friend who owns an auto dealership, has to have armed patrols to guard against "Cat Crooks".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds