TWO numbers......247 THIS year/2,654 total SINCE Sandy Hook

18 Apr 2021 07:17 #1 by homeagain
coloradosun.com/2021/04/18/mass-shooting...a0&mc_eid=86d8ec5269

For many,many months now, I have compared our species suicidal/self inflicting violence,to whales and sealife beaching themselves on the sandy shores,
it is their attempt to END a body dysfunction,disease,or intolerable existence. (because of polluted waters or intolerable sonic waves that screw with their
innate sense of direction/habits.)

WE, are unable to tolerate THIS existence,it has not unfolded in a positive manner....so the stats U read in the above article is OUR way of putting an
end to misery..(.If I can not find PEACE,then I will create an FINAL peace...for everyone)......IT WILL CONTINUE (just as the article states) until we find
a way to correct the corrosive condition....THAT rests on EVERYONE shoulders...MADD (Mothers against drunk driving) was a success (U NOW
take a cab,have a designated driver,bar tenders take away your keys or U find yourself in jail/fined)...it will take the same CONCERNED activism for
the solution to gun violence,the people (en mass MUST DEMAND the change and Congress MUST find the courage to overcome it's reluctance to
ENGAGE/ENACT CHANGE.JMO

THE CONSTITUTION can still be intact....an amendment to SPECIFY" right to bear" is required. SOME changes MUST BE WRITTEN INTO THE
THE CONSTITUTION to eliminate the confusion/controversy/corruption.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Apr 2021 10:51 #2 by FredHayek
The 2nd Amendment was written to guarantee that American citizens would own the weapons to overthrow a dictator or a foreign invader. Outlawing semiautomatic rifles would jeopardize that.

Plus semiautomatic rifles kill less than 300 Americans out of 330 million per year. This is a classic example of a problem that isn't as big as the press wants to make it. (The numbers are from the FBI)

When you look at gun deaths, America has 45% of the legal personal firearms in the world, but the nation is in the middle of the stats for gun homicides.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Apr 2021 11:27 #3 by Wayne Harrison
There are many theories of why the 2nd Amendment was written and what it means.

I personally subscribe to the militia idea. I have no problem with anyone having a weapon, as long as they are members of a well-regulated militia.

I feel sorry for the people who feel so unsafe when out in public that they have to open-carry a gun while shopping for bread.

Gun violence is not as large of an issue in every country around the world.

Gun deaths are extremely low in countries like Japan, the United Kingdom, Norway, and Australia. These countries have implemented incentives or passed legislation to decrease the number of firearms in citizens’ possessions. For example, Australia implemented a buy-back program for firearms, allowing the government to buy and destroy over 600,000 guns.

constitutioncenter.org/interactive-const...ndment-ii/interps/99
Attachments:

18 Apr 2021 11:30 #4 by Wayne Harrison
And, as I write this, an Active shooter reported in Arboretum area in NW Austin, Texas. 3 killed so far.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds