TRUTH Tally

06 May 2021 09:45 #11 by GeorgeM
Replied by GeorgeM on topic TRUTH Tally

FredHayek wrote: ...especially after last week when Biden said the greatest threat to America's democracy since the Civil War was January 6th this year. Clearly a lie, or is he just a senile old man who has forgot about Pearl Harbor, 9/11, Hitler, and the Bonus Army?

The greatest threats to our democracy will come from within, not from outside our borders. You know that. And to include the Bonus Army next to Pearl Harbor, 9/11, and Hitler is asinine. You know that too.

Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact. -- George Eliot (Mary Anne Evans)
The following user(s) said Thank You: homeagain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 May 2021 10:39 #12 by Thumper100
Replied by Thumper100 on topic TRUTH Tally

GeorgeM wrote:

FredHayek wrote: ...especially after last week when Biden said the greatest threat to America's democracy since the Civil War was January 6th this year. Clearly a lie, or is he just a senile old man who has forgot about Pearl Harbor, 9/11, Hitler, and the Bonus Army?

The greatest threats to our democracy will come from within, not from outside our borders. You know that. And to include the Bonus Army next to Pearl Harbor, 9/11, and Hitler is asinine. You know that too.

Excellent point. Outside attacks have brought the country together. Attacks from the inside have torn the country apart. I guess it's a moot point though because conservatives are relishing tearing the country apart right now and will never dream of siding with the libs.

06 May 2021 19:24 #13 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic TRUTH Tally

GeorgeM wrote:

I wasn't attacking the Bonus Army, I was attacking the fascist tactics of deploying troops against former American veterans.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 May 2021 19:28 #14 by Carrie
Replied by Carrie on topic TRUTH Tally
Anyone who honestly believes that the greatest threat to this country will come from outside is either incredibly naive, uneducated on history, or brainwashed by those who will destroy this great republic.

07 May 2021 07:00 #15 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic TRUTH Tally

Wayne Harrison wrote:

FredHayek wrote: So you don't thin it shows bias if newspapers who did fact check the president of one party but not other to hold another POTUS to the same standards? You are find them handing it off to another news organization? If anyone actually does.

Fred, you have yet to post a link to said newspaper saying it won't fact-check President Biden. Until you do, how can I comment on it?

Wayne, have you ever seen any newspaper admit to their obvious biases? I don't see how they ever would, but those biases are easily proven if you just look at the stories they won't touch or just gloss over.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

07 May 2021 08:45 #16 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic TRUTH Tally
"If you just look at the stories they won't touch or just gloss over"

That's showing YOUR obvious biases, Rick.

In other words, you want them to biased in your direction.

09 May 2021 18:13 #17 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic TRUTH Tally

Wayne Harrison wrote: "If you just look at the stories they won't touch or just gloss over"

It is also showing their biases. Example? The news media told you President Trump blocked Muslims from entering the country while he was in office. Total BS. 90% of Islamic people were allowed to come to America to visit. Only failed nations like Syria weren't allowed to visit because we couldn't verify their backgrounds. Meanwhile Biden bans travel from India, which has a huge Islamic population and the press says nothing.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 May 2021 07:58 #18 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic TRUTH Tally

Wayne Harrison wrote: "If you just look at the stories they won't touch or just gloss over"

I see, so looking at the Biden administration's policies with a critical eye is me being biased? You of all people should know the true definition of journalism. Journalism is supposed to cover all stories of importance and not just the one's that agree with a news organization's desired narrative. You know I'm right but you can't show me one of your trusted news sources that has any journalistic integrity. If you think you can, please do, and we can look back on important factual stories they chose to ignore because of politics they wanted to protect.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

10 May 2021 08:19 #19 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic TRUTH Tally
For the most part,REUTERS is a REAL neutral news source.

10 May 2021 09:12 - 10 May 2021 09:14 #20 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic TRUTH Tally

Rick wrote: You of all people should know the true definition of journalism. Journalism is supposed to cover all stories of importance and not just the one's that agree with a news organization's desired narrative. You know I'm right

Your definition is flawed, Rick. And, it's biased. So no, I don't know you are right. You are wrong, actually. And there are at least seven types of journalism.

Simply put, news is the departure from the norm. That's why news organizations report on the one plane that crashed rather that the 17,000 that flew without crashing one day. Or why news reports on the husband who shot his wife to death, along with their three kids and not the millions of husbands who don't harm their wives.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds