Bad Idea Creates Slow Recovery

08 May 2021 06:21 - 08 May 2021 06:48 #11 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote:

homeagain wrote: ACTUALLY, IT IS SKILL GAP.....

hiring.monster.com/employer-resources/bl...f-work-2021-summary/

Well lets see. If the Montana policy works it will prove that the problem is not a SKILL GAP.

www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/montana-gov...er-shortage-n1266346

Do you agree?

Yes I would agree, HOWEVER I think it is a bit premature to make that assumption.

thehill.com/policy/finance/552419-five-t...gly-poor-jobs-report

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 May 2021 09:07 #12 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Bad Idea Creates Slow Recovery

Wayne Harrison wrote: Restaurants are notorious for low paying positions.

That they can't fill those positions says more about their pay scale than it does about people wanting to work.

Have you ever worked in a restaurant? I heard idiot Stephanie Ruhle the other morning saying that people in restaurants have moved to higher paying jobs like Walmart that pay a lot more than $2.50 an hour. I don't think she understands how much people in restaurants actually make, especially tipped employees. I have a lot of friends in the business and most tipped staff make more than $20 an hour with tips (they may not report all to the IRS).

If you combine the idiotic policies of limited restaurant capacity with incentives to not work, there should be no surprise that restaurants can't get people to come back.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 May 2021 09:11 #13 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote:

Do you agree?

Yes I would agree, HOWEVER I think it is a bit premature to make that assumption.

thehill.com/policy/finance/552419-five-t...gly-poor-jobs-report [/quote]

THANK YOU. I am not making any assumptions. We now have a laboratory where we can observe the empirical results rather than trade links back and forth.

08 May 2021 14:16 #14 by homeagain
apnews.com/article/lifestyle-coronavirus...a22918d010c55b5e55b3

MULTI LAYERED reasons explained.....look to MAY/JUNE numbers to see if paradigm shifts...Q2 will
be interesting.

08 May 2021 16:24 #15 by Wayne Harrison
One-quarter of a year (particularly the first four months of a presidency) does not a trend make.

On another note, what happened to the Right's previous argument that the government does not create jobs? What happened to "free market"? If you can't get workers, perhaps you're not offering enough incentive?

08 May 2021 17:02 #16 by ramage
It is difficult when you are running a business to offer sufficient incentives when your competitor is the United States government.

09 May 2021 09:20 #17 by Wayne Harrison
It's what happens when people don't want to contract a deadly disease for starvation wages.

09 May 2021 09:24 #18 by ramage
Hyperbole Sunday, Wayne?

09 May 2021 09:45 #19 by homeagain
GEE, empathy eludes some......U stand next to someone in the kitchen,U stand within a foot of a patron
placing an order, U stand in the meat packing line,inches away from another person,U bus the table, while
the patron stands right next to u,waiting. THEN, U think about the lack of health plan if U get the virus.
THE PICTURE COMES INTO FINE FOCUS.....Is my life worth the minuscule money payed me?

09 May 2021 14:33 #20 by FredHayek
I think the market will correct itself, businesses will have to increase their wages. Those businesses that can't afford to raise their pay will shut down or adopt business strategies so they don't need as many employees. Expect to see less table service at restaurants. And more kiosks to place your orders.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds