CHENEY...casuality of the truth

12 May 2021 10:10 #11 by koobookie

ramage wrote: Cheney tries to mask her support of getting our kids killed and maimed in Afghanistan by blowing smoke about Trump.

She is willing to turn her back on the 70 million Republican voters in order to shield her father. Dick Cheney was the force majeure behind the Afghan War, representing Halliburton no less. I find it amusing to read and hear Progressives defend her.

I'm not sure how you can twist Liz Cheney's stand into defending her father, who has been out of politics for over a decade.

I believe that what liberals are doing is applauding her stating the truth - that Trump lost and he is damaging the Republican party, and also, American democracy. I have no love for her politics or her positions, but unlike most Republicans, she has enough backbone to stand up to the Big Bully.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Harrison, Thumper100

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 May 2021 10:26 #12 by ramage
TDS is still rampant on MMT.

War is no problem for progressives as long as the perpetrator is someone who will blast Trump. If you believe that Dick Cheney is out of politics, I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I can sell to you. Unlike Bush, who did not have his daughter in Congress advocating the war, Cheney does not have to come out and denigrate Trump openly. His surrogate does it adequately.
Maybe this is Dick Cheney's version of losing a son or daughter in the Mideast Wars.

By way are you aware of the increase in CPI, the largest in 12 years, or does your TDS blind you from what is happening to the economy?

12 May 2021 10:29 #13 by koobookie
What does any of that have to do with the topic at hand? Are you a believer of "The Big Lie?" Do you disagree with what Liz Cheney said about Trump and the damage he is still causing?

12 May 2021 17:46 #14 by ramage
First, the fact that the economy and mideast stability are tanking is directly related to the topic. With your focus completely on Trump you are missing or dismissing what the Harris-Biden administration has done in these 2 areas in the last 100 days.
I believe that the election had many illegal actions that allowed Biden to ascend to the Presidency and these actions should be investigated.
Cheney, in her pathologic hatred of Donald Trump, due to his opposition to the Mideast Wars, parrots the democrat talking points, which then deflect from the real problems facing the nation. Her position, in my mind, is based on the involvement of her father in creating false narratives that cost the lives of 2000+ service men and women and countless maimed personnel. A blind, misguided devotion on her part.
Pray tell, what exactly is the damage that Trump is causing according to your post? Please be specific.

12 May 2021 19:34 #15 by Wayne Harrison
Well, look at that: Liz Cheney got kicked out of Jonestown.

13 May 2021 07:28 #16 by homeagain

ramage wrote: First, the fact that the economy and mideast stability are tanking is directly related to the topic. With your focus completely on Trump you are missing or dismissing what the Harris-Biden administration has done in these 2 areas in the last 100 days.
I believe that the election had many illegal actions that allowed Biden to ascend to the Presidency and these actions should be investigated.
Cheney, in her pathologic hatred of Donald Trump, due to his opposition to the Mideast Wars, parrots the democrat talking points, which then deflect from the real problems facing the nation. Her position, in my mind, is based on the involvement of her father in creating false narratives that cost the lives of 2000+ service men and women and countless maimed personnel. A blind, misguided devotion on her part.
Pray tell, what exactly is the damage that Trump is causing according to your post? Please be specific.

BINGO.....bolded and what about JAN.6? What r your feelings regarding the obvious attempt of an
over throw of our gov. and the decided dereliction of duty of the PAST POTUS.

13 May 2021 07:51 #17 by koobookie

ramage wrote: First, the fact that the economy and mideast stability are tanking is directly related to the topic. With your focus completely on Trump you are missing or dismissing what the Harris-Biden administration has done in these 2 areas in the last 100 days.

I believe you are entirely projecting your world view upon Cheney, interpreting her choices and decisions in a warped light you term "TDS." That has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

Your statement that you "believe that the election had many illegal actions that allowed Biden to ascend to the Presidency and these actions should be investigated." tells me that you do, in fact, believe The Big Lie. There is absolutely no proof, anywhere, that can support that conclusion.

Cheney told the truth about Trump, that he is caustic for not only the Republican party, but American democracy, as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: homeagain

13 May 2021 08:21 #18 by ramage
Once again, your fixation on Donald Trump, like Liz Cheney, obscures what is happening in the world.
In fact, it has everything to do with the thread. Cheney is not a "casuality (sic) of the truth." She is a willing supporter of illegal activities during the election. Why is she doing this, I repeat; Trump's condemnation of the Mideast wars (which you evidently are in support of) and the involvement of her father in the decisions to undertake such wars, has created the enmity that lives like a cancer in her mind.
Because of her self-serving attacks on the former President, she spouts democrat talking points and certainly is not one to be in a position of leadership in the Republican caucus. The members of the caucus felt the same way and voted her out of the position of leadership.

13 May 2021 09:00 #19 by koobookie

ramage wrote: Once again, your fixation on Donald Trump, like Liz Cheney, obscures what is happening in the world.
In fact, it has everything to do with the thread. Cheney is not a "casuality (sic) of the truth." She is a willing supporter of illegal activities during the election. Why is she doing this, I repeat; Trump's condemnation of the Mideast wars (which you evidently are in support of) and the involvement of her father in the decisions to undertake such wars, has created the enmity that lives like a cancer in her mind.
Because of her self-serving attacks on the former President, she spouts democrat talking points and certainly is not one to be in a position of leadership in the Republican caucus. The members of the caucus felt the same way and voted her out of the position of leadership.

Willing supporter of illegal activities during the election? I look forward to the evidence that you will provide.

BTW - yesterday, McCarthy, the Republican Minority House Leader, said "I don’t think anybody is questioning the legitimacy of the presidential election. I think that is all over with.” Is he now also a willing supporter of illegal activities? Has he stabbed Trump in the back since he is now meeting with President Biden? Is he now no longer "not one to be in a position of leadership in the Republican caucus?" Those McCarthy (and McConnell) words could certainly be construed as spouting "democrat talking points," and as such, they should both be ousted from their "position of leadership in the Republican caucus."

13 May 2021 11:10 #20 by Wayne Harrison
Resolutely refusing to accept a conventional understanding is a statement of certainty.

That is very different from honest skepticism. The honest skeptic offers an open mind and is clear about what would be necessary to earn enthusiastic support.

The denialist, on the other hand, is sure of his belief. Now and forever. This certainty probably doesn’t come from the matter being discussed. Instead, it’s based on external factors, a story, a cultural connection, something that is fueled by the feeling that comes from refusing to examine the issue, not by honest inquiry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: koobookie

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds