Western slope stats....will surprise you

01 Jun 2021 10:43 #1 by homeagain
coloradosun.com/2021/06/01/lauren-boeber...e3&mc_eid=86d8ec5269

Unaffiliated is the word.....wanting to chose for yourself.....review the chart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jun 2021 08:51 #2 by Rick
People who call themselves independents or "Indy's" may have meant something 30 years ago, but it doesn't mean much today imo. The differences between right and left ideologies are so starkly different that I can not imagine anyone voting for a Democrat one year and then a Republican the next, unless it's a case where that person actually has an 'ah ha' moment and realizes their ideology is fatally flawed.

Those western slope stats don't surprise me at all since we know it's always more likely that big citiy dwellers are usually left leaning and people in rural areas that just want to be left alone lean to the right.

My parents are both flaming liberals but have worn the Indy badge since as long as I can remember. It's just a name and I don't blame anyone for not wanting to be labelled as a Democrat or a Republican, even if they consistently vote for one of those two parties (with some rare exceptions). My guess is that the exceptions are the people who really don't understand the policies they are voting for and just vote on the person they like more than the other.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Jun 2021 09:01 #3 by homeagain
I have lived in Alaska for over a decade (previously),Lisa Murkowski has baggage,BUT I would vote for her
in a heartbeat, SAME with Nikki Halley...(not happy with some of her remarks)BUT I respect her. IF U R
straight up and have some integrity,sensibility,background for the job...I do NOT care what party u align with.

03 Jun 2021 09:10 #4 by ramage
"People who call themselves independents or "Indy's" may have meant something 30 years ago, but it doesn't mean much today imo. The differences between right and left ideologies are so starkly different that I can not imagine anyone voting for a Democrat one year and then a Republican the next, unless it's a case where that person actually has an 'ah ha' moment and realizes their ideology is fatally flawed."

The above analysis is on the money.

I might add one additional reason for registering as an independent. As an independent you do not receive the mailings and innumerable calls and texts that both parties send to their registrants. An added bonus you are not hit up for money.

03 Jun 2021 09:27 #5 by Rick

ramage wrote:
I might add one additional reason for registering as an independent. As an independent you do not receive the mailings and innumerable calls and texts that both parties send to their registrants. An added bonus you are not hit up for money.

Good point I forgot about.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Jun 2021 11:10 - 03 Jun 2021 11:11 #6 by FredHayek
Independents in Colorado? Social liberals but fiscal conservatives? It seems that they keep electing Democrats in statewide races but usually shoot down new statewide tax hikes.

Interesting stat I read. Boebert's opponent actually spent more on her campaign but still lost. I guess you can't always buy political office.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 Jun 2021 09:33 #7 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: Independents in Colorado? Social liberals but fiscal conservatives? It seems that they keep electing Democrats in statewide races but usually shoot down new statewide tax hikes.

I personally don't think the Independents who vote for Democrats put tax policy very high on their list of priorities, unless they really want taxes to be increased. I think those Indy's put more weight on utopian dreams like being able to change the climate without bankrupting the country and creating equal outcomes for everyone. I think the days of people being on the fence are mostly over.

I believe the majority of people either like the policies Trump pushed or they like the one's the Democrats are pushing now... I think the people who would vacillate from one ideology to the other must be seriously uninformed and just vote based on personality.

George Orwell

04 Jun 2021 13:08 #8 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Independents in Colorado? Social liberals but fiscal conservatives? It seems that they keep electing Democrats in statewide races but usually shoot down new statewide tax hikes.

I personally don't think the Independents who vote for Democrats put tax policy very high on their list of priorities, unless they really want taxes to be increased. I think those Indy's put more weight on utopian dreams like being able to change the climate without bankrupting the country and creating equal outcomes for everyone. I think the days of people being on the fence are mostly over.

I believe the majority of people either like the policies Trump pushed or they like the one's the Democrats are pushing now... I think the people who would vacillate from one ideology to the other must be seriously uninformed and just vote based on personality.

THAT statement is the most backward thinking,biased bullshit.....CIVILIZATION/ALL OF LIFE is
hanging in the balance and THAT POV is what will allow extinction to expand at a rate that will spin
your head off it's shoulders.....it's not like u can rent a U HAUL truck and move to a more comfortable,
hospitable climate....U R stuck with this planet....good luck on INTERSTELLAR FLIGHT to escapse
the fubar fast approaching.

04 Jun 2021 14:02 #9 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

THAT statement is the most backward thinking,biased bullshit.....CIVILIZATION/ALL OF LIFE is
hanging in the balance and THAT POV is what will allow extinction to expand at a rate that will spin
your head off it's shoulders.....it's not like u can rent a U HAUL truck and move to a more comfortable,
hospitable climate....U R stuck with this planet....good luck on INTERSTELLAR FLIGHT to escapse
the fubar fast approaching.

Northern areas will benefit. Canada and Siberia will lengthen their growing seasons. The Earth has been much warmer in its history. Some areas will suffer more of course. And then there is the question of how do you force other nations to give up on abandoning fossil fuels?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 Jun 2021 14:08 #10 by homeagain
THE EARTH HAS NEVER HAD THIS MANY HUMANS......so comparisons to past climate is inane.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds