Western slope stats....will surprise you

04 Jun 2021 14:26 #11 by Mary Scott

homeagain wrote: THE EARTH HAS NEVER HAD THIS MANY HUMANS......so comparisons to past climate is inane.

There is the crux of the problem right there. Cause and effect -

More people - more energy use, less people - less energy use. And less forest fires, too. Before the mid 90's we really didn't give forest fires that much of a thought but as the population grew so did the instances of man caused fires. First big forest fire was Buffalo Creek in 1996 and it was human caused..

Think you can get people to support population control ? I don't.
The following user(s) said Thank You: homeagain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jun 2021 15:08 #12 by homeagain
The forward thinking few WILL not have children,too costly,too many unknowns about the future they will be
facing. It is a double edge sword,not enough young to finance the aging population,CARE of the aging will
be a problem,and yet the foster system languishes in disarray and dismal adoption rates,specifically for
OLDER CHILDREN. I decided many decades ago, adoption would be the answer,IF I want children.

04 Jun 2021 16:15 #13 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Independents in Colorado? Social liberals but fiscal conservatives? It seems that they keep electing Democrats in statewide races but usually shoot down new statewide tax hikes.

I personally don't think the Independents who vote for Democrats put tax policy very high on their list of priorities, unless they really want taxes to be increased. I think those Indy's put more weight on utopian dreams like being able to change the climate without bankrupting the country and creating equal outcomes for everyone. I think the days of people being on the fence are mostly over.

I believe the majority of people either like the policies Trump pushed or they like the one's the Democrats are pushing now... I think the people who would vacillate from one ideology to the other must be seriously uninformed and just vote based on personality.

THAT statement is the most backward thinking,biased bullshit.....CIVILIZATION/ALL OF LIFE is
hanging in the balance and THAT POV is what will allow extinction to expand at a rate that will spin
your head off it's shoulders.....it's not like u can rent a U HAUL truck and move to a more comfortable,
hospitable climate....U R stuck with this planet....good luck on INTERSTELLAR FLIGHT to escapse
the fubar fast approaching.

So when John Kerry said that the US could go 100% green and it still wouldn't make a difference, he was lying? There are things we can fix and there are things we can't fix because they either cost too much or they are just not possible. I see zero evidence that our bloated inept government could manage universal health care let alone changing the earth's temperature.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 Jun 2021 16:25 #14 by Rick

Mary Scott wrote:
Think you can get people to support population control ? I don't.

First of all, welcome back Mary.

You're right, you can't just ask people to stop reproducing, you need a government that is willing to use it's power to force people into compliance (see China). The good news for those who are so fearful of the earth burning up, is that forcing green energy across the board will result in millions of deaths through poverty, hypothermia, and heat stroke... in my opinion.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 Jun 2021 16:51 #15 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Independents in Colorado? Social liberals but fiscal conservatives? It seems that they keep electing Democrats in statewide races but usually shoot down new statewide tax hikes.

I personally don't think the Independents who vote for Democrats put tax policy very high on their list of priorities, unless they really want taxes to be increased. I think those Indy's put more weight on utopian dreams like being able to change the climate without bankrupting the country and creating equal outcomes for everyone. I think the days of people being on the fence are mostly over.

I believe the majority of people either like the policies Trump pushed or they like the one's the Democrats are pushing now... I think the people who would vacillate from one ideology to the other must be seriously uninformed and just vote based on personality.

THAT statement is the most backward thinking,biased bullshit.....CIVILIZATION/ALL OF LIFE is
hanging in the balance and THAT POV is what will allow extinction to expand at a rate that will spin
your head off it's shoulders.....it's not like u can rent a U HAUL truck and move to a more comfortable,
hospitable climate....U R stuck with this planet....good luck on INTERSTELLAR FLIGHT to escapse
the fubar fast approaching.

So when John Kerry said that the US could go 100% green and it still wouldn't make a difference, he was lying? There are things we can fix and there are things we can't fix because they either cost too much or they are just not possible. I see zero evidence that our bloated inept government could manage universal health care let alone changing the earth's temperature.

[/b]

It is NOT about us (America),it is about the WORLD...EVERY country..EVERY leader. The inability to see
the LARGER picture and to set a PRIORITY has always been our species downfall.

"the needs of the many,outweigh the needs of the one"..SPOCK

04 Jun 2021 21:34 #16 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: THE EARTH HAS NEVER HAD THIS MANY HUMANS......so comparisons to past climate is inane.

LOL, you really think humans matter more than Ice Ages?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Jun 2021 07:05 #17 by homeagain
HOW does the Ice Age enter into this.? I have lived in Alaska before IT WAS A STATE,as a territory the
climate was ARCTIC in character. The permafrost is NOW, decaying and deteriorating, it is rain,not snow
these days....remote villages r having a difficult time in foodsources,prehistoric animals r being EXPOSED
(almost whole in nature) after being frozen in the permafrost for eons....my brother is a "sourdough"
born and raised there...he sees the drastic changes,his livelihood DEPENDS upon the weather. Siberia
is having the SAME problem....PERMAFROST IS DISAPPEARING,THAT IS NOT NATURAL (since our
species came into existence.) YES, during all of the geological eras (without humans) there have been
reversals of climate...some attributed to meteorites,volcanoes. NATURAL EVENTS THAT ALTERED
THE CLIMATE....not man made events.

05 Jun 2021 08:52 #18 by FredHayek
The world has been adapting to massive climate changes for all of it's history. Add rapidly evolving technology to combat climate changes and this isn't a death sentence.

05 Jun 2021 09:53 - 05 Jun 2021 10:00 #19 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: The world has been adapting to massive climate changes for all of it's history. Add rapidly evolving technology to combat climate changes and this isn't a death sentence.

[/b]

THAT is such an absurd assessment.....it is NOT evolving rapidly,because the deniers r many and the
money is not flowing to fill the dire void.....it SHOULD HAVE BEEN 5 years ago or more....NOW we r
clinging to the edge of the cliff and our toe hold is severely compromised.

GATES and BUFFET(?) r just now constructing a ''clean and improved tek" nuclear plant in Wyoming....
the COMPLETION DATE is approx. 4 or 5 years from now.....THAT is not rapid

05 Jun 2021 13:15 #20 by FredHayek
Remember Peak Oil back in the 1970's? We were going to run out long before now. Instead more people are using it than ever before.

Remember the threats of a coming Ice Age in the 70's? Never happened.

Remember Al Gore's predictions about rising sea levels? They didn't happen in the time frame he declared.

Remember Malthus? He predicted the Earth could never support these billions of people, yet famine is less of a problem now than ever in human history. Now it only seems to appear in war zones.

Be careful listening to all these prophets of doom. It is very hard to predict the future and most of the predictions are wrong.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds