ZIP,ZERO.....the REASON our system is screwed.

08 Jun 2021 20:22 #11 by Rick

ScienceChic wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those tax credits which means that they don't go to Tesla, and hasn't Tesla hit the cap already so purchases of their vehicles aren't even eligible?

First of all, you're right, Tesla didn't get that money, but taxpayers had to pay for that tax credit. Most of the people in this country can't afford to buy a Tesla, yet we had to pay anyway. If not for the tax credit (which yes, has been capped), do you really think Tesla would have been able to survive? If the answer is yes, then those tax credits should have never been given to those upper middle class and rich individuals.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jun 2021 20:30 #12 by Rick

ScienceChic wrote:
Did you also disapprove of the tax credit that small business owners received to purchase large, gas-guzzling SUVs back in 2003?

I can honestly say I wasn't aware of that tax break and would not agree with it unless it was for needed commercial vehicles that would help a small business compete with larger ones. An SUV imo should not have qualified unless that SUV was required to transport people, where a smaller vehicle would not have adequate capacity. But once again, you have to look at how bad congress works and how their historically inept legislation process always ends up getting it wrong.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

09 Jun 2021 07:15 #13 by homeagain
www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/06/...fling-rules/?sh=1b83

TRUMP appointed financial regulator takes on crypto....SCAM says she. Regs. r being considered,so-o-o
IF u r "IN"....U might want to reconsider,reallocate.

09 Jun 2021 07:53 #14 by Rick
Always back to Trump LOL, just in time.

George Orwell

09 Jun 2021 08:05 #15 by homeagain
ACTUALLY, it was a kudos to her mental acuity. SHE called...it is a scam.

09 Jun 2021 08:37 #16 by FredHayek
Maybe they just need to stop spending so much. Biden restored aid to Palestine, which is controlled by Hamas. What did they do with your taxpayer dollars? They rewarded the families of "martyrs" with cash for attacking innocent civilians in Israel.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Jun 2021 10:31 #17 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

ScienceChic wrote:
Did you also disapprove of the tax credit that small business owners received to purchase large, gas-guzzling SUVs back in 2003?

I can honestly say I wasn't aware of that tax break and would not agree with it unless it was for needed commercial vehicles that would help a small business compete with larger ones. An SUV imo should not have qualified unless that SUV was required to transport people, where a smaller vehicle would not have adequate capacity. But once again, you have to look at how bad congress works and how their historically inept legislation process always ends up getting it wrong.

I am stunned U knew nothing about the tax break...it was based on WEIGHT OF THE VEHICLE,my past
friend,who was a realtor,bought the BIGGEST Ford EXPEDITION she could find. Tax write off was REAL
lucrative. At the most, she had three,poss four passengers...she had a GOOD ACCOUNTANT,her father.

09 Jun 2021 16:47 #18 by Rick

homeagain wrote:
I am stunned U knew nothing about the tax break...it was based on WEIGHT OF THE VEHICLE,my past
friend,who was a realtor,bought the BIGGEST Ford EXPEDITION she could find. Tax write off was REAL
lucrative. At the most, she had three,poss four passengers...she had a GOOD ACCOUNTANT,her father.

Why would you be stunned? Do you know about every tax law that's ever been thought up by congress? I was very busy running a one man car dealership at that time and I didn't have a whole lot of interest in tax laws that didn't affect me.

As for getting the biggest Expedition possible, those only come in one size. If she wanted the biggest, she should have bought an Excursion which is quite a bit bigger and heavier, especially the diesel which I happen to own.

George Orwell

09 Jun 2021 16:58 #19 by homeagain
U R correct...I was in error,I meant Excursion....Since U were/are a small business person,it seemed likely
that U would take advantage of the tax.

10 Jun 2021 06:53 #20 by homeagain
JP MORGAN now warning about crypto currency and instability. There seems to be a decisive divide,
those who r enamored with earnings and those who think it is on thin ice.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds