ZIP,ZERO.....the REASON our system is screwed.

08 Jun 2021 06:32 #1 by homeagain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jun 2021 07:28 #2 by FredHayek
Then why elect Biden president? As a senator, he has been helping to handcraft the tax code for literally decades.

You go with new blood if you want to see change, not the same old pol's who got us here to this state.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Jun 2021 09:10 #3 by Wayne Harrison
You could make that same argument against any long-term member of Congress.

The danger is in swinging too far the other way, electing people who have no idea what they're doing in Congress.

08 Jun 2021 09:41 - 08 Jun 2021 09:41 #4 by Rick
This outrage makes me laugh, especially since guys like Elon Musk have been heroes of the left and his cars have been subsidized by Americans who had no desire or ability to buy his cars. It really doesn't matter how much you tax these big corporations since the people who buy their products and services will pay the majority of those taxes whether they know it or not.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 Jun 2021 09:48 #5 by homeagain
Ya, will I compare him to BERNIE MADOFF...a ponzi scheme artist....if it is too good to be true,and u STILL
bought in...its on YOU.

08 Jun 2021 10:00 #6 by Rick

homeagain wrote: Ya, will I compare him to BERNIE MADOFF...a ponzi scheme artist....if it is too good to be true,and u STILL
bought in...its on YOU.

When you say "it's on you", who are you talking about?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 Jun 2021 11:49 #7 by homeagain
I thought that was crystal clear....IF your motivation is "get in on the action,because EVERYONE is doing it"
(and U do not want to be left behind,appearing stupid)....it is on YOU. RARELY do "deals of the century,
prove viable. Musk is a major manipulator,TRUST?......nope.

08 Jun 2021 14:38 #8 by Rick

homeagain wrote: I thought that was crystal clear....IF your motivation is "get in on the action,because EVERYONE is doing it"
(and U do not want to be left behind,appearing stupid)....it is on YOU. RARELY do "deals of the century,
prove viable. Musk is a major manipulator,TRUST?......nope.

Although difficult to decipher, I guess you're not talking about me since I'm not in favor of the government propping up businesses that could never survive on their own. Did you have a problem with Tesla's $7500 subsidies?

George Orwell

08 Jun 2021 15:28 #9 by homeagain
The"you" was a collective......here's the ponzi scheme.....

www.forbes.com/sites/billybambrough/2021...oin/?sh=6bd3557b6369

08 Jun 2021 16:06 #10 by ScienceChic
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those tax credits which means that they don't go to Tesla, and hasn't Tesla hit the cap already so purchases of their vehicles aren't even eligible?

Did you also disapprove of the tax credit that small business owners received to purchase large, gas-guzzling SUVs back in 2003?

5 ways Biden can help Tesla, GM and others increase electric vehicle sales in the U.S.
By Michael Wayland, CNBC | JAN 25 2021

Tax credits
Consumers can currently get a federal tax credit of up to $7,500 on the purchase of an all-electric or plug-in hybrid electric vehicle, but not all cars are eligible. The incentive begins phasing out after an automaker sells 200,000 of its EVs.

Only Tesla and GM have hit that threshold so far. Both previously lobbied Congress to lift the cap or extend the existing tax credit.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds