The CBC Does Not Want Diversity of Thought

11 Jun 2021 12:33 #1 by Rick
GOP Rep. Byron Donalds says Congressional Black Caucus keeping him out

“The Congressional Black Caucus has a stated commitment to ensuring Black Americans have the opportunity to achieve the American Dream,” the 42-year-old lawmaker, who represents the Naples area, began.

“As a newly elected Black Member of Congress, my political party should not exempt me from a seat at the table dedicated to achieving this goal. As a young Black man who grew up in the inner city of Brooklyn in a single-parent household, my achieving of the American Dream would be a valued addition to the CBC and one that should transcend politics.”

I guess they need to change the name to the Democrat Black Caucus. If their ideology is so strong and righteous, why not allow at least one voice that brings a different view?
nypost.com/2021/06/10/gop-rep-byron-dona...cus-keeping-him-out/

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jun 2021 13:24 #2 by ramage
Senator Tim Scott R-SC suffered the same fate.

11 Jun 2021 13:30 #3 by ramage
Wait for the comments that aver that Scott rebuffed the CBC.

Look to Rep Byron Daniels R-FL who was also turned down.

11 Jun 2021 15:01 #4 by FredHayek
You think the CBC would want to meet with other African Americans who have different viewpoints. They could learn something new, or even recruit him for the Democrats.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Jun 2021 16:36 #5 by Rick
Conservative thought is a threat... there won't be any news networks talking about this (left wing anyway) because it would shine a light on the fact that liberals are really only diverse in appearance, which is the most important thing apparently.

I always thought the whole back caucus was a bit racist anyway since there could never be a white caucus.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 Jun 2021 21:03 #6 by Wayne Harrison
The Republicans in the House are the de facto white caucus. Only 2 black Republican members in that group.

Among Democrats? 55 members are black.

12 Jun 2021 11:11 #7 by FredHayek

Wayne Harrison wrote: The Republicans in the House are the de facto white caucus. Only 2 black Republican members in that group.

Among Democrats? 55 members are black.

LOL, the Democrats in the House are also the defacto White caucus since the majority of them are Caucasian.
:P

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Jun 2021 11:33 #8 by Wayne Harrison
The number of Black Democrat House members is 2650% greater than the number of Black Republican House members. But, other than that, yeah, they're pretty equal.

14 Jun 2021 20:09 #9 by Rick

Wayne Harrison wrote: The number of Black Democrat House members is 2650% greater than the number of Black Republican House members. But, other than that, yeah, they're pretty equal.

Don't you think it has something to do with the vast majority of black Americans voting for Democrats? I seem to recall the percentage was about 95% which actually came down this last election when more blacks voted for Trump than previous Republicans.

The big problem is how Democrats treat black people who don't vote for them.. calling them Uncle Toms or other derogatory names. I think the good news is that many black Americans are waking up to the fact that they have been used by Democrats for decades and have gotten very little to show for their loyalty. Just look at how little they got from 8 years of Obama who spent very little time trying to cure the root problems like black on black violence, poverty, and single mothers.

So yeah, it's tough to be a black Republican, but that is changing and I think you'll see a lot more courageous people of all colors deciding to fight back against the Democrat promise machine that never delivers.

George Orwell

16 Jun 2021 16:57 #10 by Wayne Harrison

Rick wrote: it's tough to be a black Republican

Yeah, the big problem is how to get your black Republican supporters to the polls.

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds