STUCK in time....

14 Jun 2021 14:39 #1 by homeagain
STUCK in time.... was created by homeagain
www.theatlantic.com/international/archiv...donald-trump/619195/

I found the LAST TWO paragraphs to be dead on....kings and kingdoms ....rinse and repeat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jun 2021 17:23 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic STUCK in time....
One difference? President Trump help our allies feet to the fire. Want to keep NATO strong? Spend money on your militaries.

President Biden? He isn't demanding anything.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Jun 2021 18:32 #3 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic STUCK in time....

FredHayek wrote: One difference? President Trump help our allies feet to the fire. Want to keep NATO strong? Spend money on your militaries.

Yeah, no doubt. I didn't hear much from the MSM when Trump got them to pony up and pay their share.. now we will be the suckers again.

It was pretty embarrassing watching Biden fumble around trying to look coherent. I especially liked it when he confused Libya with Syria 3 times then tried to explain something about COVID that made no sense. The emperor has no clothes and these other leaders can easily see it while Biden supporters think he's all there.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Jun 2021 09:25 #4 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic STUCK in time....

Rick wrote:

FredHayek wrote: One difference? President Trump help our allies feet to the fire. Want to keep NATO strong? Spend money on your militaries.

Yeah, no doubt. I didn't hear much from the MSM when Trump got them to pony up and pay their share.. now we will be the suckers again.

It was pretty embarrassing watching Biden fumble around trying to look coherent. I especially liked it when he confused Libya with Syria 3 times then tried to explain something about COVID that made no sense. The emperor has no clothes and these other leaders can easily see it while Biden supporters think he's all there.

[/b]

THAT'S MY LINE(long ago) for the past king....plagiarism:whistle: , much?

15 Jun 2021 17:55 - 15 Jun 2021 18:03 #5 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic STUCK in time....

homeagain wrote:
THAT'S MY LINE(long ago) for the past king....plagiarism:whistle: , much?

Actually it's not your line, it's from Hans Christian Anderson's "The Emperor's New Clothes" . It gets used all the time... sorry, you're not that special.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

16 Jun 2021 07:20 #6 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic STUCK in time....
ya, I know....it was sarcasm.....:whistle:

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds