NATO leaders declare China a global security challenge

14 Jun 2021 15:56 #1 by ScienceChic
I am very heartened to see this. I notice that Merkel is doing her usual pandering to the communists, she used to be a much better ally. :angry:

NATO leaders declare China a global security challenge
By AAMER MADHANI, JONATHAN LEMIRE and LORNE COOK, AP News | June 14, 2021

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jun 2021 17:20 #2 by FredHayek
I have to agree. IMO, Putin is more a tin pot dictator who is all hat, no cattle. China has much more influence. Example? When the Russians invaded Afghanistan decades ago, the US refused to go to the Moscow Olympics. China's upcoming Winter Olympics will not be boycotted because Beijing is both a major supplier to the West and also a huge customer, over one billion customers.

I am really worried no one in the West will stand up to them.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Jun 2021 18:45 #3 by Rick
I skimmed through that summit statement and didn't see anything about the source of the virus. I wonder how many of those leaders understand how important it is to find the true source that shut down much of the world and killed millions? China knows how to bring us all to our knees now and I believe we are still funding that lab.

I also didn't see anything about the genocide that so many American leaders and corporations just ignore for their own benefit. The Chinese government is a plague on humanity and yet we still let them get by with everything. They will sell us a shit ton of solar panels so we can starve our economy of cheap energy while they keep pumping out coal plants and building their military. Our leaders are worthless.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Freezeman

15 Jun 2021 09:32 #4 by Wayne Harrison
If, in fact, China did mutate the virus so it could be transmitted from person to person, why did they release it in the very city where their pandemic lab is located, putting their population at risk? Why not take it to a third-world country and release it there?

15 Jun 2021 09:44 #5 by ramage
the PRC quickly locked down Wuhan when it was found that the virus had gotten out of the lab. However, excluded from the lock down where PRC citizens flying internationally. When President Trump stopped flights from Chin, he was criticized as being zenophobic.
Why release it in a third world country when you can infect your greatest enemy (U.S.A.) and severly injure its economy.

15 Jun 2021 11:38 #6 by Wayne Harrison
Because Trump didn't stop US citizens from flying to and from China. That's how it spread into the U.S.

But, John Stewart is on your side...

15 Jun 2021 11:50 #7 by homeagain
I think there are TWO challenges.....review Ukraine (as Putin's trial balloon)...and U have another threat
to consider...

www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-putin-meeting...ntcid=CNI-00-10aaa3a

15 Jun 2021 14:18 #8 by Rick

Wayne Harrison wrote: If, in fact, China did mutate the virus so it could be transmitted from person to person, why did they release it in the very city where their pandemic lab is located, putting their population at risk? Why not take it to a third-world country and release it there?

Nobody said they intentionally released it. Do you still believe it came from a wet market and not the one Chinese lab that actually studies those viruses? Fauci did a great job of convincing people what his version of the truth is... too bad he wasn't truthful in telling us he had a conflict of interest when it came to that lab he helped to fund.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Jun 2021 14:25 #9 by ramage
Wayne, U.S. citizens and green card holders were allowed back into the U.S. No foreign nationals. U.S. citizens were not flying to the PRC after the ban on travel was instituted.

15 Jun 2021 14:33 #10 by homeagain
Understanding and Combating Russian and Chinese ...
www.americanprogress.org › reports › 2019/02/28
Feb 28, 2019 — While foreign influence operations are not new, the convergence of three larger global trends has made them a more important and acute ...
People also ask
Who is stronger Russia or China?
China has the strongest military in the world, scoring 82 out of 100 points in the index, it noted. China wins in a sea war with 406 ships vs Russia with 278 and the USA or India with 202, it said.Mar 22, 2021

​Who would win - China beats US in ultimate military strength index ...
m.economictimes.com › who-would-win › slideshow
Search for: Who is stronger Russia or China?
Which country has the most influence?
Top 20 most influential countries in the world
1 United States 98.53
2 China 98.39
3 Russia 98.28

4 Germany 95.71
5 France 95.26

straight up EVEN....for most influential

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds