'Starting point' for Colorado's 8-district congressional map unveiled

07 Sep 2021 09:45 - 07 Sep 2021 10:10 #11 by MMT_Politics
The latest draft of Colorado’s congressional map would create a whole new dynamic in the state
Four public hearings are scheduled this week on a proposal that would be a dramatic change from the current congressional map
Thy Vo and Sandra Fish, The Colorado Sun, Sep 7, 2021

The dozen members of Colorado’s Independent Congressional Redistricting Commission questioned nonpartisan staff Monday about the latest draft map of the state’s U.S. House districts as they prepare to hear from the public about the plan this week.

The commission will hold four public hearings this week to gather feedback on the latest proposal.

After this week, the commission has not planned any additional in-person hearings, although people can continue to submit feedback online.

To testify, people must register 24 hours in advance. Remote participation registration will close when the meetings begin.

Here are the dates and times up for the upcoming meetings:

6 – 9 p.m. Tuesday for residents of the 1st Congressional District at the state Capitol in Denver, or via Zoom
9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Wednesday for residents of the 4th and 5th districts via Zoom, at the Limon Community Center or the Fountain Library
1 – 4 p.m. Thursday for residents of the 2nd and 3rd districts via Zoom, at the Eagle Community Center or the Grand Lake Center
9 a.m. to noon Friday for residents of the 6th and 7th districts via Zoom, at the Thornton Community Center or the Community College of Aurora

The congressional commission also has virtual meetings scheduled for 2 p.m. on Wednesday and Friday this week.

Colorado Independent Congressional Commission Maps

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

The ultimate arbiter is the people of the Union. ~ Thomas Jefferson
Voting is the foundation act that breathes life into the principle of the consent of the governed. ~DeForest Soaries
Political Calendar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Sep 2021 18:14 #12 by FredHayek
Good to know that this map isn't set in stone. Hopefully rural Colorado will get better representation.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Sep 2021 08:36 #13 by ramage
kdvr.com/news/local/final-version-of-col...ional-maps-released/

It appears that NE Park County will be in the same district as the rest of the county, i.e. District 7 currently represented by Ed Perlmutter

24 Sep 2021 08:49 #14 by homeagain
DISTRICT 2...I am still confused about Boebert.....(and some apparent questionable $$$$$ going for rent,and
various other PERSONAL finances.)....STILL reminds me of Palin and how she started lightening fast out
of the gate,only to be found a fraud)

24 Sep 2021 09:38 #15 by FredHayek

ramage wrote: kdvr.com/news/local/final-version-of-col...ional-maps-released/

It appears that NE Park County will be in the same district as the rest of the county, i.e. District 7 currently represented by Ed Perlmutter

I would love to see Perlmutter lose this race, but it seems like Colorado Republicans have trouble drafting quality candidates.

29 Sep 2021 07:25 #16 by ramage
The final version of the redistricting map shows Park County whole and in the 7th district. The map now goes to the Colorado Supreme Court for approval.

coloradosun.com/2021/09/29/colorado-cong...ommission-final-map/

29 Sep 2021 10:39 #17 by FredHayek
I am excited to see that the Perlmutter district is judged winnable for Republicans in the latest map. Plus Boebert's district is no longer combined with Boulder. I hope many Democrats sit out the midterms with a hobbled president in office.

07 Dec 2021 11:54 #18 by MMT_Politics
2021 Final Approved Redistricting Maps

The Colorado Independent Redistricting Commissions and the Colorado Supreme Court have approved final redistricting plans. The districts in these plans will be in effect beginning with the 2022 General Election. Each plan page includes an interactive map, court materials, supporting materials and reports, and printable maps.

Congressional Final Approved Plan
Interactive Map: bit.ly/3ieQtnG

State House Final Approved Plan
Interactive Map: bit.ly/3BOCjSc

State Senate Final Approved Plan
Interactive Map: bit.ly/3aSuM8Y

The ultimate arbiter is the people of the Union. ~ Thomas Jefferson
Voting is the foundation act that breathes life into the principle of the consent of the governed. ~DeForest Soaries
Political Calendar
Attachments:

07 Dec 2021 12:33 #19 by ramage
Thank you for posting this information.
If I am reading the map correctly, Park County is now whole and in the 7th Cong. district. Also it appears that Boulder and Fort Collins are in the same district, 2nd Cong. district.

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds