Derek Chauvin: 20 Plus Year Term?

26 Jun 2021 09:22 #1 by FredHayek
For second degree murder with no prior felonies in Minnesota, the usual sentence is 12 to 15 years. Was his sentence excessive? Especially when the police officer didn't seem to actually be trying to kill the victim. And the Feds plan to also add more years for breaking federal laws.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jun 2021 10:26 #2 by Wayne Harrison
So now you're second-guessing the jurors who sat through the entire trial and heard all the evidence?

26 Jun 2021 10:30 #3 by Carrie
Didn't seem to be trying to kill the victim??? In what world where you cut off the air supply for over NINE MINUTES is that a "Whoops--I didn't mean to do it???" And he showed no remorse!

26 Jun 2021 11:11 #4 by FredHayek

Wayne Harrison wrote: So now you're second-guessing the jurors who sat through the entire trial and heard all the evidence?

The jurors usually don't decide on the length of the prison term. The judge does. In the WSJ today, they did try to justify why he did get a longer term than normal. It wasn't convincing the me.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Jun 2021 11:52 #5 by homeagain

Carrie wrote: Didn't seem to be trying to kill the victim??? In what world where you cut off the air supply for over NINE MINUTES is that a "Whoops--I didn't mean to do it???" And he showed no remorse!

THAT little detail is not important,for many,it was a righteous act,the comprehension of the inhumane act
is lost....(nothing to see here,move on...he was on drugs) :angry:

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds