Judge Throws Out Obama's DACA Executive Order.

18 Jul 2021 18:24 #1 by FredHayek
He thinks this is something that Congress needs to create as legislation rather than a executive order by a man who can't get a majority through the House and Senate.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jul 2021 09:39 #2 by Wayne Harrison

FredHayek wrote: He thinks this is something that Congress needs to create as legislation rather than a executive order by a man who can't get a majority through the House and Senate.

Did the judge write that last part in his opinion? If not, please don't attribute thoughts to a judge that you yourself think.

19 Jul 2021 11:43 - 19 Jul 2021 11:44 #3 by FredHayek
OK. Why do you think he overturned the president's EO?

20 Jul 2021 17:01 #4 by Wayne Harrison
I really doesn't matter an iota why I think a judge overturned something. Also, one judge overturning something doesn't matter much, either.

For procedural reasons that Judge Hanen spelled out in his latest opinion, his ruling will not immediately affect current DACA recipients, although it will bar approval of new applications. In addition, as Judge Hanen remarked, the government will have an opportunity to put DACA on a firmer legal footing through a new regulation that is currently in the drafting stage.

www.lawfareblog.com/daca-update-federal-...l-keeps-options-open

(LawFareBlog is my go-to source for legal analysis)

21 Jul 2021 09:49 #5 by FredHayek
But back to my main point. Let's let our legislators figure out DACA, not the executive nor judicial branch. Executive orders are being abused. If you can't get it through the House and Senate, it is probably unpopular and America doesn't want it.

21 Jul 2021 09:58 #6 by Wayne Harrison
Like The Emancipation Proclamation, you mean? Or Nixon's pardon?

21 Jul 2021 18:43 #7 by FredHayek

Wayne Harrison wrote: Like The Emancipation Proclamation, you mean? Or Nixon's pardon?

The Emancipation Proclamation could have easily passed the legislature. The Amendment that outlawed slavery passed. (The legislature was dominated by Republicans.) The slave owning Democrat politicians didn't show up in DC. Just like Texas Democrats.

21 Jul 2021 19:30 #8 by Carrie
What did you expect by the follower of a racist who wanted to be fuhrer?

22 Jul 2021 07:43 #9 by homeagain
I'm sorry...that sector does NOT see the comparison. (and has indicated that the OTHER sector is bringing this country to it's knees. TOTAL disconnect.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds