Daily Mail: American Covid Death Decline

30 Jul 2021 10:46 #1 by FredHayek
Less than one in 100,000. B) :biggrin: Awesome progress! Get vaccinated if you haven't, but America is going in the right direction.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Aug 2021 08:53 - 01 Aug 2021 08:53 #2 by Wayne Harrison
If by "awesome progress," you mean Florida had more COVID deaths yesterday than in France, Italy, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Poland, and Canada combined.... then yeah, that's AWESOME PROGRESS.

Oh, and the State of Florida reports recording 21,683 NEW coronavirus cases — the largest one-day increase on record — 108 new deaths + over 10,000+ are currently hospitalized across the state. Awesome progress, according to you.

01 Aug 2021 13:06 #3 by homeagain
WAIT till after Labor Day weekend and school starts.....the numbers you r seeing NOW r from the
travelers/tourists/gatherings over July 4. We r in another "wave", it is a cycle that will be repeated over the
Trifecta (Thanksgiving,X mas and New years)....THIS is new norm .....probably will NOT totally CLOSE UP SHOP,but restrictions and inconveniences will be installed. JMO

02 Aug 2021 09:49 #4 by Wayne Harrison

A day after it recorded the most new daily cases since the start of the pandemic, Florida on Sunday broke a previous record for current hospitalizations set more than a year ago before vaccines were available.

The Sunshine State had 10,207 people hospitalized with confirmed COVID-19 cases, according to data reported to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.

The previous record was from July 23, 2020, more than a half-year before vaccinations started becoming widespread, when Florida had 10,170 hospitalizations, according to the Florida Hospital Association.

apnews.com/article/business-health-flori...b25559cf9b51cfc077eb

03 Aug 2021 20:12 #5 by FredHayek

Wayne Harrison wrote:

A day after it recorded the most new daily cases since the start of the pandemic, Florida on Sunday broke a previous record for current hospitalizations set more than a year ago before vaccines were available.

The Sunshine State had 10,207 people hospitalized with confirmed COVID-19 cases, according to data reported to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.

The previous record was from July 23, 2020, more than a half-year before vaccinations started becoming widespread, when Florida had 10,170 hospitalizations, according to the Florida Hospital Association.

apnews.com/article/business-health-flori...b25559cf9b51cfc077eb

Those who trade freedom for security?

04 Aug 2021 08:06 #6 by Rick
I think this variant is going hit in different areas at different times just like Covid did from the beginning. Those giddy over Texas and Florida's high numbers just need to wait a little while for it to move to other states. Texas is going to be bad for a long time unless our government finally decides to do it's job and enforce our immigration laws.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

05 Aug 2021 08:07 #7 by Wayne Harrison
How convenient that you forget to mention that Gov. Greg Abbott said that public schools can no longer require masks on their campuses starting June 5. The decision was part of a new executive order that bans government entities in Texas — like cities and counties — from mandating masks in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.

I'm betting the highest numbers of new COVID-19 cases will be in states that forbid the wearing of masks during this worldwide pandemic. I also think those states are run by Republicans.

05 Aug 2021 08:24 #8 by Freezeman
I haven't heard of any place that forbids wearing of a mask accept from Wayne's claim on here.

05 Aug 2021 08:34 #9 by FredHayek

Wayne Harrison wrote: How convenient that you forget to mention that Gov. Greg Abbott said that public schools can no longer require masks on their campuses starting June 5. The decision was part of a new executive order that bans government entities in Texas — like cities and counties — from mandating masks in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.

I'm betting the highest numbers of new COVID-19 cases will be in states that forbid the wearing of masks during this worldwide pandemic. I also think those states are run by Republicans.

Personally I would let the business owners make the decision on if they will require vaccinations or masks. Some Republican governors are going too far, and some Democrat governors are going too far the other way on restricting freedoms.

05 Aug 2021 08:36 #10 by ramage
It appears that Wayne wants to equate the ban on the mandatory wearing of masks with one's individual right to wear a mask.
A statement is then made re: "states forbidding masks." Once again he misstates the order forbidding the mandatory wearing of masks.
Too clever by half.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds