Biden Begs for More Oil

11 Aug 2021 18:47 #1 by Rick
Biden Begs for More Oil was created by Rick
Remember, Biden and his handlers made big cuts in our ability to get our own oil, so now he wants our overseas enemies to produce more. Idiocracy in action....

Aug 11 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden's administration on Wednesday urged OPEC and its allies to boost oil output to tackle rising gasoline prices that they see as a threat to the global economic recovery.

The request reflects the White House's willingness to engage major world oil producers for more supply to help industry and consumers, even as it seeks the mantle of global leadership in the fight against climate change and discourages drilling at home.

Biden's national security adviser Jake Sullivan criticized big drilling nations, including Saudi Arabia, for what he said were insufficient crude production levels in the aftermath of the global COVID-19 pandemic.

"At a critical moment in the global recovery, this is simply not enough," Sullivan said in a statement.

Awake yet?

www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/us-cal...ion-cnbc-2021-08-11/

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Aug 2021 19:10 #2 by Wayne Harrison
Reading the entire story, it appears the cut was OPEC's decision:

The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries and its allies, known as OPEC+, had implemented a record output cut of 10 million barrels per day, about 10% of world demand, as global energy demand slumped during the pandemic. But it has gradually raised output since, with the cut eased to about 5.8 million bpd as of July.

11 Aug 2021 20:56 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Biden Begs for More Oil
Of course it was an OPEC decision Wayne. They wanted to raise prices during the global pandemic. But Team Biden's decision to cancel the Keystone XLPipeline would have brought in petrol from Canada, a non-OPEC nation, to the US. President Biden further helped to raise prices by putting a temporary moratorium on new drilling in select areas. So part of the blame for higher gasoline prices are due to the Democrat Party.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Aug 2021 22:02 #4 by Wayne Harrison
So you're saying the pipeline would have brought in Canadian petrol? Do you know we already get Canadian oil and Canada is the largest source of U.S. petroleum and refined products imports? We get 550,000 barrels of oil per day from Canada.

The Keystone XL pipeline project may be dead, but the United States is still poised to pull in record imports of Canadian oil in coming years through other pipelines that are in the midst of expanding.

www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-biden-key...mports-idUSKBN29R1RB

The 1,210-mile Keystone XL pipeline wouldn't have been completed this year anyway, so it wouldn't have an effect on crude oil prices.

And there's this...

The ramifications of Biden’s initial moves will likely be limited because fossil fuel companies, fearing such a ban under a potential Democratic administration, sought and received approval for thousands of drilling permits on millions of acres of federal land during the Trump years, which they can develop at any time. Several energy executives have said that this stockpile will keep the companies occupied at least until the next presidential election, without needing to seek any new leases in order to continue development.

www.jacobinmag.com/2021/05/joe-biden-dri...fuels-climate-crisis

The BBC has a really good perspective here: www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30103078

12 Aug 2021 01:15 - 12 Aug 2021 01:26 #5 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Biden Begs for More Oil
Wayne I normally do not do dueling links

www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/05/biden-d...rts-greater-exports/

"As Biden Dismantles Trump’s Energy Independence Policy Look for More Gas Lines, Increased Prices and Imports Greater than Exports"

because there are is so much $ sloshing around there are media whores who will construct posts to demonstrate any thing about everything.

At the end of the day every American who pulls up to a gas pump knows the score. You call tell them it is raining but I think the next election will demonstrate that we know you are pissing in our boots.

12 Aug 2021 07:46 - 12 Aug 2021 07:47 #6 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Biden Begs for More Oil
It is just friggin AMAZING....a red alert has been blaring from scientist...we have a SHORT WINDOW of
opportunity to reverse a REAL nightmare of insufferable climate conditions and yet THAT topic is ignored and
OIL is top billing....fossil fuels are archaic and yet,we as a species, find we can not adapt/invent/CHANGE
our love affair with oil. IT IS COMPARABLE TO A TOXIC RELATIONSHIP,that males or females engage in,
the drama addiction that gives a "high" and is needed to sustain their worth.

12 Aug 2021 08:07 #7 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Biden Begs for More Oil

homeagain wrote: It is just friggin AMAZING....a red alert has been blaring from scientist...we have a SHORT WINDOW of
opportunity to reverse a REAL nightmare of insufferable climate conditions and yet THAT topic is ignored and
OIL is top billing....fossil fuels are archaic and yet,we as a species, find we can not adapt/invent/CHANGE
our love affair with oil. IT IS COMPARABLE TO A TOXIC RELATIONSHIP,that males or females engage in,
the drama addiction that gives a "high" and is needed to sustain their worth.

Your logic always confuses me. First of all I'm betting that you still drive at least one climate killer that burns gasoline or diesel. Secondly, you do realize that people need to drive to work, school, stores, and everywhere else they need to. Only a small percentage of people can afford an electric car (that is charged by a fossil fuel burning plant).

The point of this thread is that Biden's policies have greatly reduced America's energy production which now means we have to get more of it from our enemies. People need oil and gas to survive and there is no magical way to convert everything to 'green' sources in a timeline that won't bankrupt everybody who isn't rich. Until greener energy and transportation is affordable and viable to all Americans, we still need oil and gas, PERIOD.

I notice that the people who complain the most aren't moving to the city where they could ride a bike or in an electric bus. It's easy for some people to say we need to stop using oil and gas, but it's almost certain that those same people have no intention of aligning their words with their actions.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Aug 2021 08:54 #8 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Biden Begs for More Oil
It's called priorities, that have been IGNORED for decades...let the OTHER party deal with,NOT high on our agenda...the ULTRA RICH,gazillionaires are starting to get involved,but it is WAY LATE in the game...we,as
a species,NEVER learn to be proactive..the word ecology has been around fro the sixties,we should have
had the game plan implemented 50 years ago.....GREED is the one reason it is not. Just as a side note,
I have ALWAYS combined my errands in an efficient way,even before I moved to the mountain and NOW that
we are IN Montrose, I still do the same thing....I have never owned a gas hog,the "Hummers" were an affront
to logic.

12 Aug 2021 09:56 #9 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Biden Begs for More Oil
Strategic resources. Nations don't want to be at the mercy of other countries so they try to become self sufficient in many ways, and energy production is one way. I think it is a bad idea to depend on Russia and Iran to provide us petroleum which is not only used for power, but so many products like fertilizer and plastics. Important raw materials used in our industries shouldn't be entrusted to our political rivals.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Aug 2021 10:19 #10 by Wayne Harrison
Maybe we should have something like an embargo on Iran so we don't "depend" on its oil?

And how does this square with your statement about depending on Iran and Russia for oil?

Even though in 2020, total U.S. annual petroleum production was greater than total petroleum consumption and exports were greater than imports, the United States still imported some crude oil and petroleum products from other countries to help to supply domestic demand for petroleum and to supply international markets.

Source: www.eia.gov/energyexplained/oil-and-petr...ernational%20markets .

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds