Delta Variant: Self Imposed Lockdowns Coming?

12 Aug 2021 12:37 #1 by FredHayek
Has anyone here started adjusting your behavior because of the Delta Variant? Southwest Airlines announced this week that they expect a bad 3rd quarter because they suspect Americans will choose to limit travel to limit infection. Friends recently sold concert tickets because they no longer trusted their vaccines to keep them safe. The overheated economy might calm down this Autumn if more people stay home.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Aug 2021 12:40 #2 by FredHayek
New York and San Francisco are requiring proof of vaccination to attend indoor events and restaurants. Schools are opening back up, but many are requiring masks and vaccinations. Some corporations have extended telecommuting. I could see a real retraction in the economy.

12 Aug 2021 12:53 #3 by koobookie
Yes, a retraction of the economy that will be the result of vax disinformation.

12 Aug 2021 14:08 #4 by homeagain
he World Health Organization has designated variants Eta, Iota, Kappa, and Lambda “variants of interest” and is tracking 13 additional variants that originated in the U.S., Brazil, the Philippines, Indonesia, Colombia, and other nations.Aug 5, 2021

LAMBDA is now current concern....."the never ending story".....only it is not a fairy tale.

12 Aug 2021 15:35 #5 by FredHayek
We will always have Covid-19 or a variant, right?

12 Aug 2021 17:28 - 13 Aug 2021 14:28 #6 by Rick
Yes, just like the flu. Soon we will all be mandated to walk around in government hazmat suits... "if it only saves one life it will be worth it."

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Aug 2021 17:31 #7 by Wayne Harrison
I'm sure the right wingnuts will continue to "own the libs" by thinking they're invincible and COVID-19 is all a big hoax.

Getting vaccinated and wearing a mask in public is turning out to be an IQ Test.

12 Aug 2021 17:40 - 13 Aug 2021 14:28 #8 by Rick
First of al, I believe you just violated SC's request for civility (right wingnuts) and secondly, you have no idea who doesn't want to get vaccinated. My daughter is a CNA at Lutheran hospital and just told me that all employees are now required to be vaccinated or they will be terminated. She said there's a significant number of doctors and nurses that do not want the vaccine. Do you really think these are all "right wingnuts"? How about the 2/3 of African Americans who don't want it, are they right wing extremists as well? I think you need to do a bit of research before you make comments not based in fact.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Aug 2021 17:50 #9 by Wayne Harrison
First of all, you're lumping everyone who doesn't want to get vaccinated into one group. I was specifically referring to the group I mentioned in my last post and was not referring to blacks, doctors, Registered Nurses or Certified Nursing Assistants.

The people I mentioned are making their intentions very clear on social media. All you have to do is open your eyes to see it.

13 Aug 2021 10:03 #10 by FredHayek
Great point Rick, while the Left wants to say it is MAGA who refuse the vaccine. A significant portion of healthcare workers refuse the vaccine. Young Blacks in NYC? Less than 30% are vaccinated. Many of them are essential workers out there spreading Delta and other variants. What do these healthcare workers know that we don't?

The Biden Team has done a horrible job with the vaccination rollout. They can't get their base to take a jab. Why isn't President Obama and President Biden coming together on national TV to tell America to get their shot. And why didn't President Biden or Dr. Jill go to Barack's birthday party? Is their bad blood between the two families?

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds