Denver Post: Jefferson County Shuts Vaccination Clinics

09 Sep 2021 11:05 #1 by FredHayek
Anti-vaxxers are harassing employees at mobile vaccination clinics. They need to stop targeting employees and clinics. If you don't want a vaccine, don't get one, but stop being an a-hole. The employees are not the politicians mandating the vaccine.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Sep 2021 13:50 #2 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: Anti-vaxxers are harassing employees at mobile vaccination clinics. They need to stop targeting employees and clinics. If you don't want a vaccine, don't get one, but stop being an a-hole. The employees are not the politicians mandating the vaccine.

It's happening the other way too. One of the CNN idiots had a hero girl on with her proud mother... the school girl on her bus flipped off a group of people who were protesting and for that she was praised. Not sure how that was a story worth the airtime, but CNN has to fill their schedule of garbage with something. CNN is sending the message that people should get into the faces of the unvaccinated (who could likely have natural immunity) and those confrontations will be seen as heroic.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

09 Sep 2021 14:25 #3 by ScienceChic
This isn't just flipping them off as they drive by, it's escalated.

“I am angry today:” Jeffco’s top health official halts mobile COVID-19 vaccination clinics after medical staff harassed
Motorist runs over signs at a vaccine clinic over the Labor Day weekend
By John Aguilar | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. | The Denver Post
PUBLISHED: September 8, 2021

One driver, she said, ran over and destroyed temporary signs the clinic had put up around its vaccine tent. That same day, someone threw unidentified liquid at a public health nurse who was working a different mobile clinic stationed in front of a Jefferson County restaurant, Comstock said.

“Additional cars drove by screaming obscenities at vaccine staff and throwing garbage at them,” she said. “I will not put the hard-working public health staff in harm’s way.”

Comstock said the Labor Day weekend incidents weren’t the first time she was made aware that her staff was being threatened at mobile vaccine clinics. It’s one thing, she said, to choose not to get vaccinated and another to try and stop others from doing so.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Sep 2021 20:50 - 09 Sep 2021 20:51 #4 by Rick
Anyone who thought Trump acted like a king should explain how they felt about Biden’s COVID speech today. He’s pitting the vaccinated against the unvaccinated and like always, never once mentions all the people with natural immunity.

You can’t even say this is about keeping everybody safe since he decided to exempt the hundreds of thousands of postal workers (you know, the ones who mostly vote Democrat). This is going to backfire, he has ZERO authority to force these mandates. I also seem to recall one of his biggest promises was to unite the country… not working out so good.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

14 Sep 2021 18:00 #5 by ScienceChic
"...last month someone threw live fireworks into a tent of nurses and staff members"
:ohmy: :( Are you kidding me? Who does that to nurses and healthcare workers?

Security workers called in to protect Jefferson County’s mobile vaccine units
Last weekend, the agency was forced to pull vans off the street after a driver in Gilpin County, which contracts Jefferson County’s health agency, drove towards and destroyed signage around the van
The Associated Press | 1:30 PM MDT on Sep 11, 2021

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 Sep 2021 19:47 #6 by Rick
I don't care how someone feels about being forced to take a shot, you don't take it out on people who have been on the front line of this crap from the start. I hope they find the asshole and charge him/her with assault or worse.

George Orwell

15 Sep 2021 08:46 #7 by FredHayek
Agree. Also don't hassle people who wear masks.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Sep 2021 09:16 #8 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: Agree. Also don't hassle people who wear masks.

I still have the right to laugh at people walking alone outside or alone in their cars happily muzzled. I’m well aware of their sensitive triggers though, so when I laugh I try not to let them see or hear me.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds