BETTER THAN THE MOVIE "7 DAYS IN MAY"

17 Sep 2021 08:28 #31 by Rick
We need to get past your deflection first HA. Why is it unreasonable for us to ask you to make clear what words are yours and what words should be attributed to someone else? It's not very difficult and I do believe it is a requirement on this and every other board of ever been a part of.

You also just said "this topic is Trump and Kim's "treaty". I think you need to revisit the start of this thread and show me where it has anything to do with Trump or Kim.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Sep 2021 10:07 #32 by ScienceChic
What say us MMT moderators? To be blunt, if I had a dollar for every time we've had to edit your posts ramage to add a source, or cut down the amount copied and pasted, we'd be able to buy everyone here a latte. The majority of the time, we simply did the search and edited the post without fuss and without calling you out.

Yes, ANYTHING quoted from somewhere else MUST have a hyperlink back to that source, not just a mention of the name of the source. That's not our rules, that's law and this site can be sued into oblivion if that is not adhered to. If you see another member doing that, simply click the Report button and let us know, or do as Rick did and go find the source to help them, and us, out. Then move on. Don't spend multiple posts talking about "how much more coherent they sounded" or harassing them about it FFS, talk about the issue in that source.

If it's going to continue to turn into an excuse to bludgeon another member, then I'm going to start considering you trolls and boot you.

If y'all don't like what someone else is sharing, don't reply. Move on to another topic. Consider being kind instead of being assholes. Because I'm watching what's happening in the courts, and if the decision that was just made in Australia comes here, or if the ruling against Amazon translates to website admins who have classifieds, you can bet your ass I'm shutting these forums down faster than you can blink. I will NOT take on the liability for what YOU say. End of story.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

17 Sep 2021 12:30 #33 by FredHayek
There is another theory about General Milley, that maybe he didn't actually do any of these crimes, instead he lied to Woodward about doing them to impress the reporter. And totally forgot his remarks would be used in a book about President Trump.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Sep 2021 12:48 #34 by ScienceChic
Bob Woodward knows how to sell books and that should make you distrust everything about this story when it came out. Does no one remember his last book, "Rage", about Trump "knowing" that COVID was deadly but saying the opposite publicly and refusing to release the tapes of his conversations? Because of who he is, when he calls people for interviews, they say yes or they will get roasted in his books. He selectively uses his interviews to paint a slanted picture that creates drama and sells copies.

There's plenty that's come out since the bombshell that Milley was acting within accordance of Esper. It doesn't negate the fact that Milley is exceptionally bad at his job and should be fired, but this story is a classic example of needing to wait for more information to come out before believing what was initially published.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

17 Sep 2021 13:15 #35 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: Anyone see that North Korea has started launching cruise missiles again? The hermit kingdom had been very quiet under President Trump. Maybe because they were scared of him? Now that Kim sees how weak America looks after the Afghanistan Debacle, he starts some new saber rattling.

THIS post was why the issue of Korea/Trump/Treaty was a response
TO SC.....Sorry for the lack of link,I will be more diligent in quotes.

I,for one, would NOT be a website host either....if the responsibility became a sever liability.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

18 Sep 2021 09:16 #36 by Rick

ScienceChic wrote:
There's plenty that's come out since the bombshell that Milley was acting within accordance of Esper. It doesn't negate the fact that Milley is exceptionally bad at his job and should be fired, but this story is a classic example of needing to wait for more information to come out before believing what was initially published.

I agree even though I also think Milley is a complete failure at his job. That said, would you agree that if Milley did tell his Chinese counterpart what Woodward alleges, that would be a treasonous act and should he be charged for that? The media seems to be singing the same collective tune that Milley is some sort of hero patriot because he was just trying to prevent a war, even though there was zero evidence Trump was planning on striking China. It's obvious to me that Milley probably also though Trump colluded with Russia as well as other debunked garbage pushed by CNN and the like.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 Sep 2021 11:11 #37 by homeagain
thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/5...ith-china-as-routine

APPARENTLY the scenario is NOT that uncommon, I still say, bomb shelters,and hiding under children's desk is a past p.o.s. I would like to not revisit. "THE RED PHONE"...read communication,communication,
communication. Avoiding an accidental mis understanding is crucial in my book. In today's tumultuous
times, nothing can get us thru this without attempting to "reach out" and re assure. JMO

19 Sep 2021 11:46 #38 by Rick
Milley was in an advisory position when it comes to communications with China, he was supposed to advise Trump and not take direct action (informing China of a possible attack and not telling Trump). There is no precedent for what Milley was alleged of doing. The Commander in Chief is a civilian for a reason... it's to make sure the military does not act on it's own. I'll wait for the evidence before I condemn him though, which is something the media rarely does if the target is a Republican.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds