BETTER THAN THE MOVIE "7 DAYS IN MAY"

14 Sep 2021 14:23 #1 by ramage
web.archive.org/web/20210914170254/https...-trump-milley-china/

In the book’s account, Milley went so far as to pledge he would alert his counterpart in the event of a U.S. attack, stressing the rapport they’d established through a backchannel. “General Li, you and I have known each other for now five years. If we’re going to attack, I’m going to call you ahead of time. It’s not going to be a surprise.”

An excerpt from Bob Woodward's new book: "PERIL" General Li represents the People's Republic of China.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Sep 2021 15:46 #2 by homeagain
Have U read the book? PERIL....SUCH AN ACCURATE TITLE. There will be MORE discoveries (illegal)
as we move thru 2021-2022....it will be of GREAT interest to see if Trump will "sail thru" the sea of discoveries....I will wager NOT.

14 Sep 2021 16:49 #3 by ramage
HomeAgain,
For what reason did you introduce President Trump into this thread?
The book has not not yet been released, so not I have not read it. It will be available for purchase on Sept 21, 2021.

14 Sep 2021 19:16 #4 by FredHayek
I really hope Woodward heard this wrong, because it is looking like the US military willfully disobeyed orders from the President. In essence, a coup, or a mutiny. The Democrats bleat about 1/6, this is nothing compared to ignoring orders and lying to the civilian leadership in DC.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Sep 2021 19:40 #5 by Rick
If this is true, Milley should be charged with treason because there is nothing more serious than betraying your country and the Commander in Chief. If anyone below this asshole was to defy his orders and directly communicate with the enemy, that person would instantly be court marshaled and jailed. This corrupt administration will protect him though so I wouldn't expect anything to happen unless the Republicans get the house and senate back.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Sep 2021 06:56 #6 by homeagain
I believe the book is PRIMARILY about Trump....(if I am wrong,I will admit error).....the LEGAL EAGLES
r working their way thru tons of docs regarding Trump's finances,THIS little read will just be ANOTHER
piece of the puzzle....and RICK, there r checks and balances installed in our gov....NO TRUMP DOES NOT
HAVE ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY. ""I,alone,can fix it" is NOT the standard statement....and it is NO WHERE
in the constitution.

15 Sep 2021 07:17 #7 by ramage
The issue is not what the book is about.
The issue is that Woodward writes that Milley had subverted civilian control of the military. There are two possibilitie, 1. Woodward lied and Milley should call him out or 2. the statement is in fact true and Milley should be fired.
( Milley should have been fired over the Afgan fiasco, in my mind.)

15 Sep 2021 08:36 #8 by homeagain

Rick wrote: If this is true, Milley should be charged with treason because there is nothing more serious than betraying your country and the Commander in Chief. If anyone below this asshole was to defy his orders and directly communicate with the enemy, that person would instantly be court marshaled and jailed. This corrupt administration will protect him though so I wouldn't expect anything to happen unless the Republicans get the house and senate back.

www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-n...-peril-book-1226119/

While the president has the authority to give the order, Milley reminded the officers that he himself needed to be involved. “No matter what you’re told, you do the procedure. You do the process,” he said. “And I’m part of that procedure. You’ve got to make sure that the right people are on the net.”

In fact, Milley was so worried about a nuclear attack, he looked each of the officers in the eye and asked them to indicate their agreement, which Milley took as each swearing an “oath.” FROM THE BOOK....

15 Sep 2021 08:41 #9 by FredHayek
LOL. You are no longer allowed to use Rolling Stone as a source. They have proven time and again that they refuse to confirm sources or even interview other people featured in the story. They aren't journalists.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Sep 2021 09:24 #10 by Rick
Sorry HA, you can’t show me anything in history where a general warned an enemy about something he believed the POTUS may do to said enemy and that wasn’t considered to be treason. I challenge you to show me that acceptable precedent.

For the record, I don’t believe anything any journalist says anymore, unless it is verified by facts. As much as I despise the woke POS general, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt until I know Woodward isn’t just trying to sell more books with bad journalism.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds