Shoot 4 in School, Bond Out of Jail

07 Oct 2021 19:25 #1 by Rick
This week an 18 year old student in an Arlington Texas high school shot a 15 year old student along with a few other people after getting in a fight with the kid he shot. He pulled a 45 out of his backpack and pulled the trigger at least 6 times.

Today the adult student was released on 75k bail. Normally this story would be everywhere non-stop and there would be the usual calls for more gun control, but not this time. Can anyone figure out why?

Meanwhile, there are still people rotting in solitary confinement for walking into the capital unarmed. Selective justice at it's finest.

Pick your own trusted source, I'm sure they will explain this to you.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Oct 2021 08:03 #2 by FredHayek
It does seem unusual for someone with multiple attempted murder raps to bail out the next day. I hope he doesn't commit other crimes while free.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Oct 2021 08:19 #3 by koobookie
Suspect in Arlington, Texas School Shooting Released From Jail on $75K Bond
www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/suspect-in-...475k-bond/ar-AAPfvlL

The suspect in Wednesday's shooting at a Texas high school was released from jail Thursday after posting a bond of $75,000, the Associated Press reported.

Student arrested in Texas school shooting released from jail
www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/student-arr...from-jail/ar-AAPfhoI

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — An 18-year-old student accused in a shooting at a Texas high school was released from jail Thursday after posting bond.

It is being reported in the main stream media.

08 Oct 2021 08:44 #4 by FredHayek
But this time the story isn't about him trying to kill multiple classmates, it is about him already bonding out. Always interesting to see how the media frames a story.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Oct 2021 09:20 #5 by koobookie
The media is reporting the shooting, as well as the bail.

Suspect in custody after 4 injured in Texas school shooting
www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/texas-schoo...ins-suspect-custody/

An 18-year-old suspect was taken into custody Wednesday after four people were injured in a shooting at a Texas high school, authorities said. Three of the victims were hospitalized, with at least one requiring surgery.

Suspected teen gunman arrested in Texas high school shooting that injured 4, police say
www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/police-inve...people-shot-n1280920

One person is in custody after four people were wounded Wednesday morning in a shooting at Timberview High School in Arlington, Texas, that may have begun with a fight, authorities said.

Texas high school shooting injures multiple, suspect in custody, Arlington police say
www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-police-c...gh-school/ar-AAPcwVG

A suspect who fled after opening fire inside a Dallas-area high school, which sent students and staff running for their lives, was taken into custody Wednesday, authorities said.

08 Oct 2021 09:35 #6 by Rick
You missed the point koobookie. I didn't say nobody was reporting on it. The point is HOW it's being reported and why there is no universal outrage for letting this guy out on bail. Can you think of a past story like this where the guy was out the next day? I'll give you a little hint... it's not the narrative the media likes to talk about. It's the same reason why the murders every week in Chicago are mostly ignored.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 Oct 2021 10:14 #7 by koobookie
Let me see if I understand you correctly. You are upset that there is not more outrage over the story? You are upset that the news is not being reported in a fashion that you deem necessary? Seriously?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Harrison

08 Oct 2021 13:02 #8 by Rick
My criticism of the media is always the hypocrisy and selective coverage. I'm also not seeing the usual cries for more gun control after a shooting like this. I asked you to find your own sources because I wanted to see if you could find any that could explain why this criminal was released from jail when that has never happened before. Do you have any sources that could explain this?

Instead of always just trying to prove me wrong, why not look at the story and tell me why I shouldn't be pissed off that a school shooter is walking free today? If we don't have a good press that can explain this, maybe you can.

George Orwell

08 Oct 2021 13:12 #9 by koobookie
You should be upset over a school shooter being released on bail.

Let me ask, were you this upset when Kyle Rrittenhouse was released on bail? After all, he killed two people and injured others. Can you explain why this criminal was released from jail when that has never happened before? Oh wait, that does seem to be how our justice system works. Hmmm.

BTW - we do have good press. I've listed several "liberal sources" (as you would call them) that reported on this incident and the subsequent bailbond release. Just because they didn't report how you wanted it reported doesn't mean they aren't doing their jobs.

09 Oct 2021 09:09 #10 by Rick
That guy was attacked while carrying a gun and there is a very good case for self defense.

When this guy pulled out his gun and started shooting, he was not defending himself.

See the difference?

And you're wrong about the press, they are mostly worthless. I stand by that until I'm proven wrong.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds