Promote What You Love Rather Than Bashing What You Hate

28 Oct 2021 18:41 #11 by Rick

ScienceChic wrote: The point I was trying to make is this: if you think Republicans will do a better job, and have better ideas to fix a problem, then share that. Convince me their solutions are a better path forward, with data and rational arguments, rather than constantly telling me liberals are doing it wrong. Because I can tell you right off the bat that no one side has all the right answers, and if anyone thinks that then they are missing the strengths the other side has in creating the best solution together.

I do this every day SC, you just want me to do it a different way. If I make a post about some really stupid thing a Democrat is doing, you can just assume that the Republican answer would be to do just the opposite. I think the problem I run into on this board is that when there is something really indefensible, those who voted for Biden don't want to talk about it.

Fred just posted another insane policy of paying people who crossed our border illegally millions of dollars as some sort of reparation. The Republican solution? ENFORCE OUR BORDER LAWS!! I don't understand why it's wrong for me to point out policies that are hurting our country, like shutting down much of our energy production then begging OPEC and Russia to produce more oil (because we know they are so much better with the environment). That is a ridiculous policy that costs Americans a lot of money and at the same time it strengthens our enemies. We spend 4 years hearing the screeches about how bad Putin was yet now we give him a green light on his pipeline while shutting down ours. Tell me why that shouldn't piss off every American... if you can I'll make a conscious effort to try it your way.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds