Tragedy on a Movie Set

23 Oct 2021 15:15 #11 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Tragedy on a Movie Set
HA,
If you wish to conflate firearm safety with firearm training so be it. But do not ascribe my quotation to dealing with firearms training. It is the cardinal rule of gun safety and requires no training for a sentient person.
Alex Baldwin may well have had firearms training but he violated the cardinal rule of firearm safety.
With regard to the Texas law, I need to make you aware that there are many states with the same laws, Vermont, for example.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Oct 2021 15:24 #12 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Tragedy on a Movie Set
I prefer trained firearm users but it doesn't seem to make a difference on concealed carry laws if the person has training or not when it comes to accidents.

homeagain wrote:

ramage wrote: An additional fact:
The bullet that killed Ms. Hutchens, exited her body and injured Mr. Souza, according to investigators and people on the scene.Not two shots as I had hypothesized.

The NRA teaches:

Firearm Safety Rule No. 1: Treat every gun as if it were loaded

"Every gun deserves an air of respect, and the best way to exhibit that is to always treat every gun as if it were loaded. Never assume that a gun is unloaded. This holds true even when you handle a firearm without shooting it, like during maintenance and cleaning processes. The same mindset applies when you conduct dry-fire practice drills. Another good procedure is to have another shooter verify that the gun being handled is unloaded."

[/b]

Let me bang my head against the wall......HOW does this TEXAS law make sense in a rational world???

www.texastribune.org/2021/08/16/texas-permitless-carry-gun-law/ NO TRAINING?????

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds