Tragedy on a Movie Set

22 Oct 2021 08:49 #1 by Rick
Tragedy on a Movie Set was created by Rick
Alec Baldwin killed a woman with a 'prop gun' that was obviously a real loaded weapon. I don't know the details but I do feel bad for Baldwin, regardless how I feel about him as a person.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Oct 2021 09:34 #2 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Tragedy on a Movie Set
Waiting for more details.
In the meantime questions arise:
1. He not only shot a cinematographer (killed) but also wounded another person. Why did he shoot twice?
2. Why did he point the gun at ancillary personnel and pull the trigger? They were off stage.

22 Oct 2021 09:47 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Tragedy on a Movie Set
Definitely need more details.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Oct 2021 13:22 #4 by ramage
It is being reported that Baldwin was ranting about Trump and waving the gun around when he pointed at the crew and discharged the firearm.

See it was Trump's fault.

22 Oct 2021 21:09 #5 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Tragedy on a Movie Set
Does this seem like an episode of Columbo or Ellery Queen to anyone else?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Oct 2021 07:32 #6 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Tragedy on a Movie Set

FredHayek wrote: Definitely need more details.

REPORTED....the prop asst. or manager gave him the gun and stated it was UNLOADED, when asked.

23 Oct 2021 08:38 #7 by ramage
An additional fact:
The bullet that killed Ms. Hutchens, exited her body and injured Mr. Souza, according to investigators and people on the scene.Not two shots as I had hypothesized.

The NRA teaches:

Firearm Safety Rule No. 1: Treat every gun as if it were loaded

"Every gun deserves an air of respect, and the best way to exhibit that is to always treat every gun as if it were loaded. Never assume that a gun is unloaded. This holds true even when you handle a firearm without shooting it, like during maintenance and cleaning processes. The same mindset applies when you conduct dry-fire practice drills. Another good procedure is to have another shooter verify that the gun being handled is unloaded."

23 Oct 2021 09:40 #8 by homeagain

ramage wrote: An additional fact:
The bullet that killed Ms. Hutchens, exited her body and injured Mr. Souza, according to investigators and people on the scene.Not two shots as I had hypothesized.

The NRA teaches:

Firearm Safety Rule No. 1: Treat every gun as if it were loaded

"Every gun deserves an air of respect, and the best way to exhibit that is to always treat every gun as if it were loaded. Never assume that a gun is unloaded. This holds true even when you handle a firearm without shooting it, like during maintenance and cleaning processes. The same mindset applies when you conduct dry-fire practice drills. Another good procedure is to have another shooter verify that the gun being handled is unloaded."

[/b]

Let me bang my head against the wall......HOW does this TEXAS law make sense in a rational world???

www.texastribune.org/2021/08/16/texas-permitless-carry-gun-law/ NO TRAINING?????

23 Oct 2021 09:45 #9 by ramage
HA,
Your post deserves it's own thread. It has no relevance to the Hutchens killing.

www.texastribune.org/2021/08/16/texas-permitless-carry-gun-law/ NO TRAINING?????

23 Oct 2021 11:24 #10 by homeagain

ramage wrote: HA,
Your post deserves it's own thread. It has no relevance to the Hutchens killing.

Let me see now.....TRAINING/SAFETY was a concern on the set,reports of inadequate safety measures
and some walked off set.

Your OWN quote is the TOPIC.....there are rules to owning a gun and TRAINING IS AT THE TOP.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds