Proof You're Being Lied To

16 Mar 2023 09:04 #21 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Proof You're Being Lied To
Recall news reports like this. In spite of the burning of the city, and the police being pelted with rocks and bottles, the riot is described as mostly peaceful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Mar 2023 10:00 #22 by koobookie
Still won't list your sources, Rick? Why not? Are you embarrassed by your choices?

It's clear that you get most of your "information" from right wing outlets, probably talk radio. Then you probably get more from youtube videos that reinforce your worldview. Finally, you most likely get your talking points from Fox "News," or other right wings "news" sites, as you seem to parrot those points in many of your posts.

The reason we can't have a rational discussion, Rick, is that you have alternative reality sources of information. When we cannot agree on what are actual facts, then there is no basis for a conversation. I have several ultra-conservative friends, and we stay friends because we refuse to talk about politics, primarily because they get their "information" from NewsMax, Breitbart, Fox, etc. There is no basis for discussion with them, or you, because there is no agreed upon reality. You have your fantasy reality, where everything liberals do is wrong, and I have my reality where everything is, well, real. I don't view the world as red vs blue, like you do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: homeagain, driver8

16 Mar 2023 14:00 #23 by homeagain
In a similar manner,my brother and I talk politics,topics that r controversial (pro life vs woman's rights)....he US TO BE a Trumper....now he is just central,leaning hard right. Finances are also on r topic list,THERE is where we gain traction...his sources r solid and and not loosey goosey. WHEN it comes to sources hard political he spews forth much like Rick.,(probably the reason I can continue a post with him). The reporting of news is a cluster fuck, echoing rather than exploring and fleshing out REAL SOLID INDISPUTABLE FACTS.

16 Mar 2023 19:17 #24 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: Still won't list your sources, Rick? Why not? Are you embarrassed by your choices?

It's clear that you get most of your "information" from right wing outlets, probably talk radio. Then you probably get more from youtube videos that reinforce your worldview. Finally, you most likely get your talking points from Fox "News," or other right wings "news" sites, as you seem to parrot those points in many of your posts.

The reason we can't have a rational discussion, Rick, is that you have alternative reality sources of information. When we cannot agree on what are actual facts, then there is no basis for a conversation. I have several ultra-conservative friends, and we stay friends because we refuse to talk about politics, primarily because they get their "information" from NewsMax, Breitbart, Fox, etc. There is no basis for discussion with them, or you, because there is no agreed upon reality. You have your fantasy reality, where everything liberals do is wrong, and I have my reality where everything is, well, real. I don't view the world as red vs blue, like you do.

Sad that conversation has declined because too many people limit topics or just refuse to have discussions with someone else simply because of whom they voted for.

Maybe I voted for a candidate because I wanted lower taxes instead of some vague accusations of racism.

Recently the Audobon Society debated changing their name because James Audobon owned slaves. Humans are complicated and you shouldn't dismiss all the good deeds of a man because he behaved just like many in society at the time.

The Audobon Society eventually decided to keep their original name.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds