COLORADO POLITICS - REPUBLICAN RACE

01 May 2022 09:59 - 01 May 2022 10:01 #1 by ramage
Danielle Neuschwanger, a former candidate for theRepublican nomination for governor has switched her party affiliation to the American Constitution Party (ACP) from the Republican Party in order to secure the nomination of the ACP. Shades of Tom Tancredo, perhaps? What do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 May 2022 10:12 #2 by FredHayek
Colorado Republicans are going to blow this midterm opportunity. They chose radicals who have no chance to win a statewide race in the Senate and Secretary of State races, and now the Republican vote for governor will be split.
Maybe the open primary system might help Colorado nominate moderate choices in the Senate and Secretary of State races.

Half a loaf is better than four more years of Polis and a very partisan Secretary of State.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 May 2022 20:01 #3 by ramage
Fred,
Who are these radicals that the Republlcan party has nominated, More importantly why do you consider them radical?

01 May 2022 20:51 #4 by Rick
Radical Republicans are those who refuse to compromise with communists and people who act like communists.

My hope is that left leaning Colorado voters will vote based on results or lack there of. I'm really enjoying the growing homeless camps near my home and would like to personally thank the politician(s) responsible.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 May 2022 21:14 #5 by FredHayek

ramage wrote: Fred,
Who are these radicals that the Republlcan party has nominated, More importantly why do you consider them radical?

In a more conservative state, like Wyoming, very conservative Republicans can win statewide office. But to win in liberal Colorado, I believe you need a candidate who appeals to the unaffiliated. Selling a message of being tough on crime and promising to solve the homeless problem will work better than promising to ban abortion and vowing to overturn the Colorado 2020 election results.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

03 May 2022 00:24 #6 by ScienceChic
Radical Republicans are these ridiculous people:
Judge rules Lamborn challenger Dave Williams can't appear on primary ballot with anti-Biden nickname

Republicans Rebecca Keltie and Andrew Heaton have also qualified for the primary ballot in the heavily Republican 5th Congressional District, which covers most of El Paso County.

Williams was the lone Republican to qualify for the ballot at the district's GOP assembly earlier this month, so his name will appear first on the ballot.

Keltie praised the judge's ruling and called Williams' attempt "completely ridiculous and immature" in a text message to Colorado Politics.

"It showed Dave Williams’ lack of respect for this election and his immaturity," she said. "It saddens me that people like him are trying to make a mockery of our elections, and it’s a slap in the face to those who have fought and died for our country and our freedoms, including our right to vote in fair elections."

Heaton also discounted Williams' lawsuit.

"An immature and desperate tactic like this is not the type of thing a serious candidate would do," he said.

Pam Anderson would be a shoe-in to win against Griswold after having been President of the County Clerks Association and successfully running Jeffco's elections as Clerk & Recorder - she's trusted, respected across the aisle, and not facing charges of tampering with an election. Yet, Peters garnered the highest delegate votes. Unaffiliated voters will turn their noses up at Peters and give Griswold a good chance at being re-elected.
Tina Peters advances to June primary ballot despite facing charges for election tampering

Peters faces ten criminal counts for allegedly tampering with election equipment in an effort to expose what she believed were widespread voting machine discrepancies.

Still, she's a star to many at the state Republican assembly, gaining significantly more than enough delegate votes to get on the top line of the GOP primary ballot in June. Peters received 60.57% of the assembly vote. eters will be up against Mike O’Donnell, a Yuma County candidate who earned 39.4% of the vote, and Pam Anderson, a more moderate candidate who had enough petitions to land on the ballot. Of the three, only Anderson denies widespread voter fraud changed the outcome of the 2020 November election.

Republican candidates are now publicly aligning with Peters though, despite the Colorado GOP asking her to suspend her campaign following her indictment.

And let's not forget Lauren Boebert, who thrives on playing to the hard-core extremists in the party because it raises more money than anything else to be so outrageous.

Anyone politician who continues to peddle the "stolen election" lie is a radical. Bipartisan county clerks and Secretaries of State from across the country certified the election results. Congress approved the results. Zero credible evidence has surfaced to prove otherwise. To continue to push that lie is to degrade the public's faith in our democracy and aid our enemies in their effort to further divide us, and the moderates of the country are sick of it.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 May 2022 07:20 #7 by FredHayek
Because I was traveling, I was unable to attend the GOP county and state meetings this Spring. They must have been crazy. It does look like Trump has more influence than I was expecting. His endorsements have been doing better than Biden's so far this year.

03 May 2022 07:28 - 03 May 2022 09:03 #8 by homeagain
"Zero credible evidence has surfaced to prove otherwise. To continue to push that lie is to degrade the public's faith in our democracy and aid our enemies in their effort to further divide us, and the moderates of the country are sick of it. "

I just keep imaging an episode from "The Twilight Zone"....everything that is correct is wrong and everything wrong is worthy of promoting. The paradigm is purposely fubared......the plan is to divide and annihilate
(I think that sums up the FORTH TURNING)

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds