Interesting Lower Manhattan Mosque Poll Info

24 Aug 2010 13:58 #11 by FredHayek
Actually to me, it does matter when the Gospels were written and who the authors were and which Gospels were chosen and discarded. I find it sad that so many Christians who live by the book don't understnad how the book came together. It is the "Word of God" and that is good enough for them.

The Koran can be also broken down into what was written in Mecca vs. Medina, etc. And if what was written contradicts, which verses to live by.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Aug 2010 23:18 #12 by Renaud

SS109 wrote: Actually to me, it does matter when the Gospels were written and who the authors were and which Gospels were chosen and discarded. I find it sad that so many Christians who live by the book don't understnad how the book came together. It is the "Word of God" and that is good enough for them.

The Koran can be also broken down into what was written in Mecca vs. Medina, etc. And if what was written contradicts, which verses to live by.

For decades I researched how the book(s) came together. I refer to any of the books I could gain access to from those of the ancient Egyptian mystery schools to those written by Shogi Ef-fendi. Towards the present, from those books I learned much about human thought, culture, sociology and their intermix throughout history. Most important to my soul is my understanding that the answers transcend the words and implied facts about who, where and when the writing occurred. My intellect seeks and finds answers that nourish it. My soul travels through a universe whichmy intellect is incapable of knowing in its own language.

My intellect has the capacity to assign Judgment upon others' desires to build or not build a physical enclosure to adore the source of the cosmic emanations we believe contain all answers. My soul does not exist in that "space" where judgment, will and enclosures exist. The Christ of scripture and the Christs of the churches and rulers by divine right lives in libraries, rectories and hardened hearts. The true Christ has always been the one that long ago was recognized by a member of the Genus Homo, transforming it into the progenitor of humanity.

When our ancestors chose the fruit from the tree of knowledge over the fruit from the tree of life we separated ourselves from our relationship with that Christ. Since then we have in desperation used our highly valued knowledge to recreate that original relationship, with words. In this process we have suffered hate, war, depth and deprivation of the many by a few.

The popular movie, O God is the closest we have come, as a race, to the truth. Anyone who believes that they know what is true is looking in the wrong direction. Truth is not something to know. It is what one must strive to become.

~ Roy Davidoff, Mid 20th Century contemplation

[center:10s7afe5] [/center:10s7afe5]

25 Aug 2010 08:21 #13 by The Boss
interesting

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds