In between a rock and a hard place........

24 Jul 2022 14:56 #1 by homeagain
www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022/08/01/wh...email&utm_term=tny_d

A reading of Section 3 capacious enough to disqualify him would nonetheless be highly destructive; it would turn the clause into an anti-democratic instrument that would inevitably be deployed against a broad range of candidates. There are simply no shortcuts here. That reality doesn’t mean that Garland should hesitate to put Trump on trial. Indeed, if Trump is as able as anyone to run for the Presidency from a jail cell, a prosecution should be less vulnerable to the charge that it would deprive people of a chance to vote for (or against) him. And, as the committee has made clear, the evidence is there. ♦

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jul 2022 15:55 #2 by Rick
[quote="homeagain" the committee has made clear, the evidence is there. ♦[/quote]Huh, where have we heard this before, from the same people? I'm pretty sure they've struck out more than 3 times already so I'm pretty sure these idiots are out of their minds. Garland won't prosecute because Trump would actually be able to defend himself and he would be able to show how the FBI and peole like Pelosi were very much involved and complicit. Dream a different dream HA.. this one isn't coming true.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

24 Jul 2022 17:33 #3 by FredHayek
Putting President Trump on trial might backfire on the Democrats. Tens of millions of Americans already think the 2020 elections were crooked and if they see the Democrats railroad an aged Trump into prison, you might see a revolt. Or massive donations to Republican candidates and voter initiatives.
The current polls show that neither Trump nor Biden would win in 2024, so maybe it is time to leave the Donald alone?

But Democrats are obsessed and promise to hold more January 6th hearings in September.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Jul 2022 17:40 #4 by Carrie
A traitor who instigates an attack on the government, and you want to forgive him because he is an aging man---so age is an excuse when it's Tramp, an attack point on Biden. How hypocritical....

24 Jul 2022 19:48 #5 by Rick
You believig a BS narrative is typical. If Trump is guilty he will be proven guilty. So far every BS investigation has been 100% partisan and it's starting to just be pathetic.

Do you like what the guy you voted for is doing to the country right now? if so, you are part of the 10% who thinks the country is headed in the right direction. I understand why you people would continue to focus on the last president because you can't logically defend the guy you helped to put in office. I'll defend Trump's policies all day, despite what I think of him as a human.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

25 Jul 2022 09:18 #6 by FredHayek

Carrie wrote: A traitor who instigates an attack on the government, and you want to forgive him because he is an aging man---so age is an excuse when it's Tramp, an attack point on Biden. How hypocritical....

I never said I wanted him forgiven but there is a long history in America of protecting the elite. Why haven't the Democrat House launched an investigation into who were Epstein's clients? Interesting that they only want to go after their political opponents but they are actively protecting the bipartisan group of politicians who took trips to Pedo Island.
Can you explain why Speaker Pelosi refuses to name names?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds