Casa Bonita Behind Schedule

10 Aug 2022 13:17 #1 by FredHayek
Sounds like Trey Parker and Matt Stone regret buying Casa Bonita. They have found out it is taking much more time and money than they expected to bring the former department store up to code. (Denver Post) I wish them good luck in their restoration.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Aug 2022 13:19 #2 by FredHayek
In the same article, they reveal that they also want to buy Bailey's Coney Island and return it to Colfax where it originally started. They admitted this would be in the future if it did happen.
That area of Colfax needs help for sure.

10 Aug 2022 14:22 #3 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Casa Bonita Behind Schedule
I certainly hope that they would buy Coney Island HotDog stand. It creates a traffic jam whenever a south bound vehicle wants to turn left in order to access the establishment.

10 Aug 2022 22:55 #4 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Casa Bonita Behind Schedule
I was doing a lot of work in the West Colfax area up until recently. That big hotdog would likely get assaulted by people that Lakewood allows to set up camps, wherever. Lakewood is doomed to fall because of the typical worthless leadership. My house goes on the market in 9 days.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 Aug 2022 08:46 #5 by homeagain
U have ANOTHER abode lined out?.....if not,setting the closing for AFTER Oct.2 would be a GOOD thing.

11 Aug 2022 09:14 #6 by FredHayek

ramage wrote: I certainly hope that they would buy Coney Island HotDog stand. It creates a traffic jam whenever a south bound vehicle wants to turn left in order to access the establishment.

Agree. It is in a horrible location now.

11 Aug 2022 09:22 #7 by Freezeman
IMO, You could build a new fake hotdog and taco for the amount it would take to buy and move the old worn out one,

11 Aug 2022 09:30 - 11 Aug 2022 09:31 #8 by homeagain
It's had it's day...just like Elitch's..TIME TO MOVE ON. (when they demolished the classic clock tower in downtown,THAT was one sad day,)

11 Aug 2022 22:41 #9 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Casa Bonita Behind Schedule

homeagain wrote: U have ANOTHER abode lined out?.....if not,setting the closing for AFTER Oct.2 would be a GOOD thing.

We have no idea where we are going but have a place in Red Feather Lakes we can stay through the winter. Our hope is that Biden and the Democrats continue to crush the economy and we can capitalize on a housing crash… it’s already starting.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 Aug 2022 22:43 #10 by FredHayek

Freezeman wrote: IMO, You could build a new fake hotdog and taco for the amount it would take to buy and move the old worn out one,

Great idea. The new building would have updated equipment and be more efficient.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds