TELL IT LIKE IT IS......

02 Sep 2022 13:07 #11 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic TELL IT LIKE IT IS......

homeagain wrote: AHEM...u r attacking the person (not a proficient way to respond)......try again

I’m not attacking you, I’m merely pointing out that even when I give you the source for the allegation you doubt, you simply ignore it and pivot back to Trump.

BTW, if questioning the legitimacy of an election is a “threat to democracy”, as your chosen president just said, then his own press secretary is a major threat to democracy. Instead of asking me for another source, I’d suggest you find yourself some new ones that actually tell you the truth.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Sep 2022 13:42 #12 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic TELL IT LIKE IT IS......

Rick wrote: She doesn’t remember because that’s not something her sources want to remind her of. Notice how she had to invoke Trump’s name in her response ?

[/b]

It is strange...the statement does NOT ATTACK A PERSON.???? I guess i misread the post (NOT)

02 Sep 2022 20:05 #13 by Rick
Are we now not allowed to critique another member’s subject avoidance strategy? That’s kinda been normal on every political forum since they were first created.

I “attack” the scum that are destroying my children’s futures.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Sep 2022 06:16 #14 by homeagain
ASK SC....SHE IS THE OWNER......

03 Sep 2022 09:59 #15 by Rick
Yes, HA, I’ve known this for many years now. I’ve had my style of posting critiqued by everyone on the left, including by SC. I never took it as an attack or insult because it’s just an opinion and may or may not be a valid one. If one’s skin gets so thin that they can no longer handle that kind of critique, there’s plenty of other sections where those kind of critiques don’t happen because the subjects are happy things other than politics. I keep my happy things to the real world that does not require me to be on some internet device.

George Orwell

03 Sep 2022 10:16 #16 by homeagain

Rick wrote: Yes, HA, I’ve known this for many years now. I’ve had my style of posting critiqued by everyone on the left, including by SC. I never took it as an attack or insult because it’s just an opinion and may or may not be a valid one. If one’s skin gets so thin that they can no longer handle that kind of critique, there’s plenty of other sections where those kind of critiques don’t happen because the subjects are happy things other than politics. I keep my happy things to the real world that does not require me to be on some internet device.

oh but, u r not the only one......u and others have critiqued MY pov/writing style. Such comments as, TRANSLATION PLEASE, "your post is so convoluted, I have a hard time following" OR caps r not acceptable
writing.....(but yet, the past POTUS utilized them continually and THAT WAS OK)....OH MY, i MENTIONED Trump AGAIN...SOME will not read my posts,it is too much for them,hey it's all good,.....I have thick skin and after all this is just a microcosm of soc. media.

03 Sep 2022 13:37 #17 by Rick
If I can’t understand your point because you use weird broken sentences and often wording that needs to be explained, why is it wrong for me to point that out.

I may have to use a similar style so you can understand what I’m talking about (or you won’t understand, which would make my point)

George Orwell

04 Sep 2022 09:43 #18 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote:

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote: Also, let’s not forget she said the election was stolen (a big lie the media gave her a pass for). Such hypocrisy.

source or link please......back up your claim..

You mean you do not remember!

An Answer to your query

www.npr.org/2022/09/04/1120904265/claims...r-fraud-donald-trump

Perhaps, because in politics, myth can be as powerful as fact — and at times it may well be more so.

Claims of voter fraud have become integral to Trump's brand. But he did not invent the idea of a stolen election. He exploited it as no one had before, to be sure, but he was mining a lode that had been opened long ago and tapped as a rich source of grievance for generations.
Deep and tenacious roots

For the "election deniers," and for many Americans who accept the 2020 results but still think voter fraud is a big problem, the roots of these beliefs are deep.

The Heritage Foundation, long an anchor on the right among think tanks in Washington, devotes a page of its website to voter fraud and offers a database of cases. It also offers a disquisition on ballot stuffing and voter intimidation and other forms of malfeasance common in the 1700s and 1800s and early 1900s.

05 Sep 2022 09:59 #19 by Rick
I need to find the montage of left wing media and politicians who’ve been claiming elections were stolen since 2000… it’s pretty funny considering Joe would call them all “threats to democracy” if they were not Democrats.

Btw, I don’t believe that questioning anything our government is control of as a “threat to democracy” since we ARE NOT a democracy and hopefully never will be. The government works for us and is accountable to us… so if they n me are sketchy changes to election k we right before an election, we should all be skeptical.

George Orwell

05 Sep 2022 15:09 #20 by homeagain

Rick wrote: I need to find the montage of left wing media and politicians who’ve been claiming elections were stolen since 2000… it’s pretty funny considering Joe would call them all “threats to democracy” if they were not Democrats.

Btw, I don’t believe that questioning anything our government is control of as a “threat to democracy” since we ARE NOT a democracy and hopefully never will be. The government works for us and is accountable to us… so if they n me are sketchy changes to election k we right before an election, we should all be skeptical.

that IS MOST NAIVE STATEMENT i HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME.. ask Jacksonville, Miss about their water, ask New Orleans about their levies,ask ANY city Mayor about their cities infrastructure,the neglect and blatant LACK OF ACCOUNTABILITY. Our entire country is falling apart (infrastructure wise ) WHERE is the gov.
WHERE r the people who are demanding answers to this travesty???

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds