Colorado River ranked as "most endangered" in the nation

19 Sep 2022 05:56 #11 by FredHayek
And the Colorado River isn't the only at risk river. The Platte often is dry between reservoirs.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Sep 2022 10:36 #12 by Rick

Rick wrote: Back to the number one question… where does the money come from and how much will it take?

Anybody?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

20 Sep 2022 11:07 #13 by koobookie
From the links provided by ScienceChic in the initial post -

www.tenstrategies.net/

There's a link to a PDF that gives 10 Strategies For Climate Resilience in the Colorado River Basin. Perhaps you can find your answer there?

21 Sep 2022 10:16 #14 by Rick
Not one of them shows the cost or the provable effectiveness if those measures were indeed affordable.

Every virtuous endeavor has a cost which can not be ignored. It’s fine to look for answers, but those answers must be based on reality. If nobody is willing to do the math, but instead just promote the goals, then there is no plan and there will be no expected outcome. Just hand over your money and freedom and we promise this problem will be fixed.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

22 Sep 2022 09:20 #15 by FredHayek
Great answer. Many here still believe government will solve problems, but often it doesn't. They spend a lot of money and things don't get better. There are a lot of variables. Example, we just had three La Nina years. What if this is followed by ten El Nino years and we have to worry more about flooding than drought.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Sep 2022 11:37 #16 by Rick
There’s a reason why people like Musk can accomplish much more with much less money than our government can… there’s no corrupt bureaucracy in between the idea and the outcome. I wish the climate alarmists would lay out an actual plan with real world numbers and then they might realize how insane their ideas are.

George Orwell

22 Sep 2022 12:02 #17 by koobookie
Is it okay if I post links to actual plans, or do you just want opinions?

www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-releases-climate-action-plan

www.sustainability.gov/adaptation/

www.epa.gov/climate-adaptation/climate-adaptation-plan

I'm sure that if you want answers to your request for an "actual plan with real world numbers," you could, as Fred and others say, "google it," but I've started your search with the links above.

27 Sep 2022 13:32 #18 by Rick
If you’ve actually read the articles you linked to, could you please show me the costs to the average American?

If you’re going to take the time to google articles, at least be kind enough to include some quotes that show the costs and the proof that those costs would yield the desired results. I’m sorry, but I don’t think you can.

George Orwell

27 Sep 2022 13:53 #19 by koobookie
I read the articles. Now you read them for the answers you seek.

27 Sep 2022 15:24 #20 by ramage
" could you please show me the costs to the average American?"
"I read the articles. Now you read them for the answers you seek."

The answer to Rick's question are not to be found in the articles cited. There is no discussion of costs to the populace.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds