Russia Calls Up 300,000 Reservists

21 Sep 2022 04:40 #1 by FredHayek
After a series of losses, Russia is calling up reserves. They haven't done this since World War II. They are also annexing the areas they first captured during the Obama administration.
Last week I got to talk with a Ukrainian woman from Odessa. Her two brothers are in the army and the rest of the family are refugees in Romania right now. Really brings the war home.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Sep 2022 10:15 #2 by FredHayek
Russian men are on the run, trying to escape Russia before they get mobilized. Europe has been stopping them at the border (WSJ), but should they instead offer them asylum and citizenship in order to hurt Putin's war effort?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Sep 2022 17:24 #3 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: Russian men are on the run, trying to escape Russia before they get mobilized. Europe has been stopping them at the border (WSJ), but should they instead offer them asylum and citizenship in order to hurt Putin's war effort?

[/b]

HOW is this any different than the S. Americans trying to escape the cartels and DEATH.......

www.npr.org/2022/09/24/1123867466/migran...er-us-american-dream

Migrants across Tijuana often speak of gang violence, death threats or extortion as their reason for leaving their homes, and why they fear going back. It's hard to calculate how many migrants are currently living in Tijuana, since they are constantly moving, but Fernández de Castro estimates there are about 35,000 migrants here hoping to be granted asylum in the U.S.

"It's very difficult to separate the fear from the economic need," he says of their motivation. "I will say both of them come together."

24 Sep 2022 17:27 - 24 Sep 2022 17:35 #4 by ramage
To get a perspective other than that of western media I would suggest that you look at the websites below:
smoothiex12.blogspot.com
thesaker.is
www.rt.com

Sometimes I think that Baghdad Bob is now working for the MSM.

For a brief history of Ukraine, the following article is informative:
www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/09...survive_intact_.html

As an aside put some money in U.S. armaments manufacturers. During the First Gulf War, I invested in ATK (since bought by a larger company), it made bullets and Patriot missiles, in conjunction with Raytheon; did very well.

24 Sep 2022 17:36 #5 by homeagain
the question still remains....HOW is there a difference? ,each r endanger,each r attempting to remain alive.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds