Putin's Nuclear Threats?

25 Sep 2022 20:54 #11 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Putin's Nuclear Threats?

homeagain wrote: SURE.....is AMAZON considered a source.....I attempted to show a span of timeframes (see dates of reviews? The reason it is a lengthily post)

Have you ever heard of the “hive mind”? Which hive mind does that book reside in? Of course the reviews will be fantastic, just like a Rush Limbaugh book would get high marks from conservatives… not many liberals would read that.

I think that book would be torture for me to read… no offense. Harmless fiction is always cool with me, I just think there needs to be SOLID factual evidence to convince me some human has special powers. Is there?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Sep 2022 08:03 - 26 Sep 2022 08:22 #12 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Putin's Nuclear Threats?

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: SURE.....is AMAZON considered a source.....I attempted to show a span of timeframes (see dates of reviews? The reason it is a lengthily post)

Have you ever heard of the “hive mind”? Which hive mind does that book reside in? Of course the reviews will be fantastic, just like a Rush Limbaugh book would get high marks from conservatives… not many liberals would read that.

I think that book would be torture for me to read… no offense. Harmless fiction is always cool with me, I just think there needs to be SOLID factual evidence to convince me some human has special powers. Is there?

OMG....AND Trump just used his mind to project a DECLASSIFICATION OF MATERIAL.....it is somewhat
ironic isn;t it???

U did NOT comment on our government's use of " far sight"...(in a previous post,review it please and tell me your POV)

27 Sep 2022 07:37 #13 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

www.mensjournal.com/entertainment/jeff-b...tented-man-20131107/

APPARENTLY there r a multitude of the same mindset (just like Q believers.or Trumpeters)

Bridges switches the subject to an upcoming trip. He is heading to the Berkshires in western Massachusetts in a couple of weeks to speak and meditate at a Zen Buddhist conference.

“You should come, man. Johnny is going to be there. We’re going to play some songs. Johnny is petrified to play in front of people, but we’re going to make it happen.”

The purpose of the conference, according to Bridges, is to convince people to think differently about peace and nonviolence. He grabs a book off a shelf called ‘The Lucifer Principle’ that expounds on this theory for almost 500 pages.

There’s a Solzhenitsyn quote in here I like. Here it is: ‘If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?'”

Bridges is still reading as we head out to my car. It’s now magic hour, and California is in a golden state. Evil, hunger, and Michael McDonald songs seem blissfully out of reach. But not to Jeff.

“Interesting, right? We have to stop thinking peace is this natural state. It’s not. It goes against centuries of evolution. We have to think about everything completely differently. Take the book, read it if you want. Okay, man, cool hanging with you. See ya.”

27 Sep 2022 14:03 #14 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Putin's Nuclear Threats?
Stoners, such deep thinkers. :meditate: :bonsai:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

27 Sep 2022 15:52 #15 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: Stoners, such deep thinkers. :meditate: :bonsai:

Have u had cancer,Fred??? BRIDGES beat it ...long haul.WHEN u r forced too consider your mortality,U sometimes embrace things that were foreign to u previously. read his bio......THEN consider just how u might change your POV.(if possible demise was in the future.)

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds