Putin's Nuclear Threats?

22 Sep 2022 08:55 #1 by FredHayek
Ukraine gave up their nuclear weapons after Vladimir Putin and President Barack Obama asked them to. Now the Russian leader threatens to use them against the Ukrainian army. How would the West respond? More sanctions? Tactical nukes against Russian forces in occupied Ukraine? Escalate and attack Russian forces in Russia?

I believe the West would refuse to use nukes in response because they don't want to escalate the situation. I don't even think they would be willing to use NATO air assets to attack Russian troops in Ukraine. Maybe a UN condemnation?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Sep 2022 12:21 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Putin's Nuclear Threats?
Nuclear is the last piece of the fubar.....a strike by ANYONE fulfills a Chippewa prophecy ......'TALONS TENSING/CIVIL UNREST.......there r two additional parts...AFTER the exchange.

22 Sep 2022 12:27 #3 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Putin's Nuclear Threats?
Biden couldn’t even manage a troop withdrawal from Afghanistan without F##king the whole thing up and killing our soldiers and innocent people. It’s terrifying to think about that man having any control over nuked. God help us all.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 Sep 2022 08:29 #4 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: Nuclear is the last piece of the fubar.....a strike by ANYONE fulfills a Chippewa prophecy ......'TALONS TENSING/CIVIL UNREST.......there r two additional parts...AFTER the exchange.

1. Contractions/economic aspects
2. Emerging/natural disasters
3.Eyes searching./Transportation accidents
4 listening/freak deaths and accidents
5.breath heaving/discord between nations
6 wings flexing/spiritual unrest
7.the wailing/nuclear accidents
8TALONS TENSING/CIVIL U REST*****************************
9.CROUCHING/ REVOLT/MASSIVE AND GOV. TURNAROUND
10 FLYING FREE/RISE OF THE AGE OF PEACE

"the phoenix rising"...NO Eyes vision of changes to come...PUBLISHED 1987

25 Sep 2022 09:55 #5 by homeagain
5.0 out of 5 stars A heartfelt mirror held up to society that fosters not panic, but a desire to be aware, prepare, and grow
Reviewed in the United States on November 20, 2011
Verified Purchase
The first hurdle to overcome in dealing with prophesy is the tendency to insist on needing exact dates. These cannot be given. Because we are all free, we collectively make changes via individual and collective decisions that alter timing of almost everything that can or might happen. The second hurdle is the tendency to panic when faced with visions of the ugly side of what we have collectively done with our world and ourselves. This can lead to abject denial of that reality, or a loss of hope for any end result short of total destruction. Sadly, it can also lead to believing one is -- because of one's chosen religious routine or philosophy -- among the "chosen ones", and to heck with the rest.

Mary Summer Rain is aware of all of these and has simply laid bare how the dissonant or destructive paths that many walk will necessarily lead to an end. Destructive behavior is, after all, unsustainable. The point of the book, as far as I can tell, is simply to show these ugly ways in full enough detail and scope, for readers to realize that there will be consequences that we will collectively have to endure. But most importantly, the overarching point is a warning, so as to offer a chance to wake up and change for the better. If we do that, we may avoid the worst of the prophesies. Not all can be avoided unless we change drastically and quickly, so though I am a pretty optimistic person, I do believe we will need to experience possibly discomforting collapses of destructive behaviors, institutions, policies, and emotions, before we will actually let them go. It is really no different than the child who simply will not stop playing with fire. A burn is likely. In fact, a burn may be all that stops the "playing".

Examples: nuclear weapons are still among us, and now in a great many more hands; religions have become aggressive; political discourse has become so shrill as to be utterly divorced from simple respect, honesty, or even reality; the government (with a few smaller government exceptions) -- for those who have done any real homework at all -- has consistently lied about its knowledge of people from other planets for decades; we continue with nuclear plant obsession even after now the third major disaster resulting from one; the major recurring them of conservative politicking is, literally, the exact opposite of the core Christian principles it claims to espouse; the rich and poor divide increases rapidly even in the most formerly equitable society on Earth; and people continue to hate, with some (a growing number of talking heads) even get paid handsomely for it. I could go in with these current examples, but any of these would suffice for some type of imminent upheaval, whether societal, climatological, or geological. We have both created a spiritual cage and we are rattling it hard.

This book was written over twenty years ago and the writing was on the wall then, only more so now
. What is truly wonderful about this book is how acutely the problems are shown, both as they are and how they may end. Even more wonderful is the way she has also provided much information to help avoid the worst cases personally. There is hope embedded in this at times bleak picture painted by Phoenix Rising: be honest with yourself, take heed, and now matter what, rise right along with the Phoenix into a cleaner being. Growing pains are real on a personal level, everyone knows. This book is a gift to say that they are for society and the planet also. It -- along with her book Daybreak -- are essential to the seeker of honest assessment of the state of affairs, how they need to play out, and how a person may fare better by paying attention to true prophesy.

Katie
4.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Emotions
Reviewed in the United States on November 25, 2005
Verified Purchase
I wasn't quite sure what to expect with this, the second book in the "No-Eyes'" series. I had been blown away by the first book "Spirit Song", and wondered if the same would be true of this one.

First, I must say that Mary's writing style really appeals to me - she has the ability to draw the reader into her experiences, with descriptions that allow you to vicariously hear/see/smell/touch whatever she is talking about at the time - it's an amazing journey, to say the least!

In "Phoenix Rising", Mary brings to light her lessons re: No-Eyes' vision concerning our future - the future of the earth, and everyone who resides here. This future appears quite grim, at least at first, until the "cleansing" is complete, and a new way of living - a decidedly more positive way of living - comes into being.

Many horrible events are prophesied - ones that would make anyone shudder - and it's these events that are to be used as a warning that additional horrors are on the way. Many specific examples re: these events are given, and I couldn't help but notice that some things on this list have either already occurred, or are occurring as I write this - although only a few...

My first reaction as I began reading this book was fear. But as I continued, my belief that we can still turn things around came to my mind. I do realize that there is currently much negativity in our world, but I do see things changing (albeit slowly) - I see more & more people interested in changing their thoughts from negative ones to more positive ones.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of the "end of the world" - or at least the end of the world as we know it. I've tended to be put-off by doomsday prophesies - as there have been so many that never came to pass, and many people who have taken extreme actions in an effort to protect themselves from things that just don't wind up happening.

Having said that, I don't believe that this book is a fabrication - I tend to think that it does reflect what No Eyes

saw. But maybe this is just one possible future - dependent on too many variables for us to number...

I gave this book 4 starts instead of 5 mainly because of what was said in the last chapter - as I found this part quite judgmental. In it Mary states that no one should put a price on helping others - she uses the fact that people charge for seminars and the like that are really meant to help people grow spiritually. While I agree that there are some outrageous price tags out there for this "enlightenment", there are many people who still charge "affordable rates". The fact is that many people who offer this guidance do so for a living - they need to be compensated so that they can live - and to say that they are wrong for doing so just doesn't sit well with me; espeically since I'm sure this author is making money from the selling of these books - and there's nothing wrong with that, she needs to have money to survive - but as such, it's quite judgmental to say that no one else should earn their living by helping others...

I agree that no one should be turned away who needs comfort and guidance, and that's why many of us in the "helping professions" use such means as bartering, or sliding scales to ensure that all who are in need are helped. But to say that they should not be compensated for what they do puts a sour taste in my mouth.

Overall, this book has much to offer by way of making the reader think about their lives & how they are choosing to live it, the state of affairs on our planet, what may occur to our earth (and us), as well as what role we are allowing our government to play in our lives. As such, I would highly recommend it to those who are interested in books re: spirituality & our planet earth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read especially in today's times
Reviewed in the United States on December 27, 2021
Verified Purchase
Something to consider as we move + live through present times. Wonderfully written. Love both the author and No-Eyes' relationship along with the writer's sharing of how she handled all that was revealed to her at the time.

Tina L. C.
5.0 out of 5 stars Good read
Reviewed in the United States on January 30, 2022
Verified Purchase
Good series
Helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars Many of the predictions have come true Trump and the pandemic included
Reviewed in the United States on August 27, 2020
Verified Purchase
I first bought and read this book in 1990. Back then some people said it was fantasy. And since most of the predictions were expected to occur in the 1990's, I did not think the Phoenix would rise in my lifetime. But in the past 4 years much has come true: the secret deals of leaders behind the public's back, the economy worsening, global riots and revolutions, people starting to refuse to work because no job security or benefit left, tax reform that made it worse, the 3 major pandemics, attempts at payments to the citizens. And of course the wild weather and disasters. But the good news is it will improve for the better -- hence Phoenix Rising.

REVIEWS of book written in over two decades ago.

25 Sep 2022 10:54 #6 by ScienceChic
Homeagain, is there a source you can cite for all this content? We need one to keep within Fair Use Guidelines, and to make sure not too much is quoted from any source. Thanks.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Sep 2022 10:56 #7 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Putin's Nuclear Threats?
So now we are posting opinions from average schmucks none of us ever heard of? Lol, ok.

I’d like to know who read that whole post.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

25 Sep 2022 12:21 #8 by homeagain
SURE.....is AMAZON considered a source.....I attempted to show a span of timeframes (see dates of reviews? The reason it is a lengthily post)

25 Sep 2022 12:26 #9 by homeagain
www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Rising-No-Eyes-Vi...mary+summer+rain%252

Mary Summer Rain's relationship with the old and wise Indian shaman No-Eyes, introduced in Spirit Song, continues, as she reveals to Mary her compelling visions of the future. From the setting in the simple mountain cabin, No-Eyes takes her on a sometimes frightening journey through time, viewing the upheavals to come through a unique perspective, on timeless paths that few have ever traveled.

25 Sep 2022 12:45 #10 by homeagain

Rick wrote: So now we are posting opinions from average schmucks none of us ever heard of? Lol, ok.

I’d like to know who read that whole post.

WELL...our government utilizes "far viewing" (those individuals that can see into the future/or have the ability to "see" activities being performed....thousands of miles away,I am SURPRISED OF YOUR LACK OF AWARENESS OF OUR GOVERNMENTS RESOURCES.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds