U AIN'T SEEN NOTHIN' YET....

19 Oct 2022 18:23 #1 by homeagain
www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/10/...eport&location=alert

“You’re truly [an] angel,” Monica wrote in a string of messages reviewed by The Washington Post. “I think tonight will be the first night i will actually be able to sleep.”

This account of the illegal abortion movement that has grown quickly since the Supreme Court ruling is based on interviews with 16 people with firsthand knowledge of the operation, and includes on-the-ground reporting in four U.S. cities and Mexico. Many who spoke to The Post did so on the condition of anonymity to discuss activity that potentially breaks multiple laws, such as practicing medicine without a license and providing abortions in states where the procedure is banned. The Post was permitted to observe distributors handling pills in antiabortion states on the added condition that their locations not be identified.

Abortion is now banned in these states. See where laws have changed.

Those interviewed described a pipeline that typically begins in Mexico, where activist suppliers funded largely by private donors secure pills for free as in-kind donations or from international pharmacies for as little as $1.50 a dose. U.S. volunteers then receive the pills through the mail — often relying on legal experts to help minimize their risk — before distributing them to pregnant women in need.

The system could upend Republican plans for a post-Roe America
. Despite the strict abortion bans that have taken effect in over a dozen states, some antiabortion leaders fear that the flow of abortion pills could help make abortion more accessible than it was before Roe fell. Las Libres, one of several Mexican groups at the center of the network, says its organization alone is on track to help terminate approximately 20,000 pregnancies this year in the United States. That amounts to about 20 percent of all legal abortions that took place in 2019 in the 13 states where abortion is now almost entirely banned.

“Soon there will come a moment when we won’t be able to count any of this,” said Verónica Cruz Sánchez, the director of Las Libres, adding that the group works with a U.S.-based volunteer network that numbers about 250 and is “growing, growing, growing.”

The leader of another Mexico-based group that supplies pills, Red Necesito Abortar, said the elaborate volunteer structure was “like a spiderweb.”

“Once we get the pills into the U.S., they can distribute them across the whole country,” said Sandra Cardona Alanís, the group’s co-founder.

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A WOMAN WHO IS PISSED.....U AIN'T SEE NOTHIN' YET......ROCK THE VOTE
The following user(s) said Thank You: koobookie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Oct 2022 20:03 #2 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic U AIN'T SEEN NOTHIN' YET....
In that this is your reference, HA. please tell us what states the author is referring to:

"Abortion is now banned in these states. See where laws have changed."

The citation does not list the states; in that you quoted it , it is incumbent on you to tell us to what the author means or are you going to simply that you agree?
Simply what are the states that ban abortion? Very simple question.

20 Oct 2022 07:53 #3 by homeagain
The number 16....look it up yourself....the article PURPOSELY did no name those 16....obvious to me that UNDERGROUND is not well understood by some.

20 Oct 2022 09:30 #4 by ramage
My perusal of available information regarding abortions yields several states that have restrictions on abortion. Unlike Colorado which has no restrictions on abortion up to an including while the baby is viable in the last trimester of pregnancy.
My reading of the citation leads me to the conclusion that the author is of the opinion that there should be no restrictions on abortion. Is that your position, HA?

20 Oct 2022 11:25 #5 by homeagain
www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/06/...criminalization-roe/

HERE'S THE PROBLEM......read the entire article and then tell me the correct interpretation,the individual laws are poorly written and confusion is the result ...NO PROVISIONS FOR RAPE, INCEST R U FRIGGIN CRAZY?

Most laws do not include exceptions for rape and incest. And exceptions for the life of the mother are vague and will leave many physicians wondering whether they must choose between breaking the law or breaking their oath, they told the Post.

Other states without “trigger bans” have pre-Roe abortion bans that — in the absence of Roe — have come back into effect.

THE BOLDED IS OBSCENE AT BEST AND INCREDIBLY IGNORANT AT WORST. i have already described desperate scenarios where the decisions r impossible to resolve in a "pro life" position....u r a retired physician (probably NOT oby-gyn).......be elated U DO NOT HAVE TO BE THE PHYSICIAN INVOLVED.

20 Oct 2022 12:24 #6 by ramage
I have read the article in its entirety and my conclusion, as I stated, is that the author espouses abortion without restrictions as we have in Colorado. If you do not agree with this conclusion please point out where in the article the author supports restrictions.

Once again is this your position on abortion?

Do you think this is a" gotcha" question? Are you undecided as to the question of abortion without restrictions?
Inquiring minds want to read your opinion.

21 Oct 2022 08:57 #7 by homeagain
REVIEW ALL of my posts regarding this topic....the answer is there.

23 Oct 2022 09:28 #8 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic U AIN'T SEEN NOTHIN' YET....
On a related note, it seems that the abortion issue isn't really as important to voters as the left would like us to believe. The polls I've seen put that issue down the list far enough to tell me it won't change the votes of normal people who don't obsess about an issue that they have control of or doesn't affect them personally. We shall see I guess.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

24 Oct 2022 22:23 #9 by FredHayek
Killing the result of a rape seems to be the worst case of injustice ever. The rapist isn't killed, the innocent baby is.

Do you think this is fair to the baby HA?
Could be raised by the mother or an adopted family.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Oct 2022 08:18 #10 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Killing the result of a rape seems to be the worst case of injustice ever. The rapist isn't killed, the innocent baby is.

Do you think this is fair to the baby HA?
Could be raised by the mother or an adopted family.

Do you think it is fair that the woman, who was violated and is the VICTIM, has no autonomy over her own body?

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds