Government… Love it or Hate it

27 Oct 2022 07:44 #1 by Rick
While this thread may go down in flames because of a lack of interest, I thought it would be interesting to start it anyway.

Koobookie and I recently had an argument about government in a thread where that argument didn’t belong. She made a statement about me not wanting government. I respectfully disagreed with her assessment of my thoughts. If I were to use her logic I would ask why she thinks all governments are good. Of course she would not agree with that assessment because she knows that all governments are NOT good.

I have nothing good to say about our federal government and will use this thread to explain why. Feel free to prove me wrong and list all the good ways our tax dollars are used. After all, our government is NOTHING without the hard work of Americans who feed these people with cash.

I’m not going to get into state governments because every state is governed differently but if you want to bring one up, go for it.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Oct 2022 07:54 #2 by homeagain
If u r just referring to how money is used....CLINTON balanced the budget,that was how many years ago?
It has been fubared ever since.

27 Oct 2022 10:14 #3 by Freezeman
No, Bill Clinton Did not Balance the Budget.
www.cato.org/commentary/no-bill-clinton-didnt-balance-budget

27 Oct 2022 11:19 #4 by homeagain
Research "pay as u go"........concerning the topic

27 Oct 2022 12:52 #5 by FredHayek
Before the pandemic, every American worker's portion of the national debt was $158,000. Now it is $201,000. I propose leaving every department with the same budget two years in a row. They would be allowed to allocate that budget in limited ways, like cut one division 5% if they needed to increase another program.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

27 Oct 2022 15:11 #6 by Rick
I’m not even talking about budgets since they are never balanced anyway. I’m talking about the overall… the 90%+ worthless politicians who have no clue how to spend our money and the ever growing bureaucracy that makes efficiency impossible.

I stand behind my statement that there are no good government programs that are worth what we are paying for. Feel free to prove me wrong with a specific program, department, or agency. Good luck.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

27 Oct 2022 20:37 #7 by FredHayek
Hickenlooper got a bunch of federal money when he was mayor to "fix" the homeless problem. It didn't. It provided a lot of well paid jobs and each small studio apartment cost one million dollars apiece once they ran the numbers.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds