BREAKING NEW GROUND

03 Nov 2022 07:40 #1 by ramage
BREAKING NEW GROUND was created by ramage
The Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority at the University of WY has initiated the first transgender "sister" of a sorority in the U.S. While this is not as ground breaking as being the first to allow women to vote (WY was a territory at the time), some might find it as significant.

Here is the last paragraph in the article, wordsmithing par excellence:

"Back to the University of Wyoming, it’s a brand new collegiate day. Sororities once only admitted candidates with birth canals. But like child-bearing hips, the path to membership has widened. And contemporary inclusivity has birthed a tolerance for testes."

redstate.com/alexparker/2022/11/03/unive...orority-girl-n653504

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Nov 2022 08:31 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic BREAKING NEW GROUND
Normally I would find this insanity hilarious… but in Wyoming?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Nov 2022 09:06 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic BREAKING NEW GROUND
It is unusual for Wyoming for sure. I can just imagine some fathers wanting their daughters to resign from that sorority.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Nov 2022 17:44 #4 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic BREAKING NEW GROUND
Because Wyoming is politically conservative many think that the KKG sorority story is unusual. Far be it, Wyoming is very much an live as let live State. If KKG wants to have a transgender member so be it. Does it upset some or many parents, for sure. But they sent their little darlings off to college to broaden their horizons and this is a result.
Don't know what the process is today, back in the day it only took one member to "blackball" a prospective member. No doubt it has changed.

04 Nov 2022 08:52 #5 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic BREAKING NEW GROUND
lIVE AND LET LIVE.....what a concept.

04 Nov 2022 12:36 #6 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic BREAKING NEW GROUND

homeagain wrote: lIVE AND LET LIVE.....what a concept.

Do the girls on t if at sorority not have a say as to whether they are comfortable with a male human living with them.

As a parent, I’d want to be 100% certain that the man pretending to be a woman truly believed he was a woman and did not have other motives. That certainly is not possible and these young women should have a voice that is heard and respected.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 Nov 2022 13:29 #7 by ramage
Your point is well taken. When the vote was taken for admission to the sorority the question is was it a secret ballot? I can understand a girl being reluctant to buck the pressure of the woke community and not speaking out.

08 Jun 2023 08:20 #8 by ramage
I find it ironic and self-serving that the government through the FDA will allow off-label use for gender affirmation but threatened physicians with being arrested if they prescribed Ivermectin or Hydrochlorothiazide in the early stages of Covid.

www.wsj.com/articles/the-truth-about-pub..._opin_pos_6#cxrecs_s

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds